JMS on CompuServe (Dec 03, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Tue Dec 3 17:08:30 EST 1996

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/
  ######       Support Babylon 5!       ######
  ##      To get a fifth season of this ##
   # ###    wonderful epic, we need to   # ###
     . ## let local stations and Warner    . ##
  ##   ##   Brothers know we want it!   ##   ##
   #####   www.babylon5.com/cmp/support  #####

    Sb: #619991-#<FTA prophecy&future>
    Sb: #619996-#Call for Papers
    Sb: #620007-#Sheridan chgd the Arc?
    Sb: #620032-#Kosh's Ship
    Sb: #620033-Vorlon ship problem
    Sb: #620053-B5 Laser Disc
    Sb: #620093-#B5 Laser Disc
    Sb: #620114-<<<Moving Towards...>>>
    Sb: #620074-#Chicago ComiCon '97
    Sb: #620070-#Call for Papers

 #: 619991 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    02-Dec-96  09:41:49
Sb: #619789-#<FTA prophecy&future>
Fm: TOM KNUDSEN

Joe,

        < But of course it would be hideously dangerous of you to do so.>

        Danger??!!  HA!!!  I laugh at danger.<G>

        <Besides, in our soviet revisionism style, that error no longer exists,
so there you are.>

        Unfortunately, in my own paranoid soviet style, I've got it on tape.

     Tom^^^^

     The Shadows have returned to Capistrano.

 #: 620126 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    02-Dec-96  13:48:31
Sb: #619991-#<FTA prophecy&future>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       "I've got it on tape."

       Of *course* you do.

       BTW, you should clean up your front room more often, it takes forever to
find anything there....

    02-Dec-96  09:53:21
Sb: #Call for Papers
Fm: RUTH SPRADLIN

In the November Issue of Locus Magazine, the following upcoming event
was announced:

     CALL FOR PAPERS
     Foundation, the international SF journal, is organizing "what is
     probably the world's first academic conference on Babylon 5," to be
     held at the University of York, UK, December 13, 1997 (with possible
     extension to the 14th). Send proposals for papers to Farah Mendlesohn,
     Faculty of Humanities, University College of York & Ripon St. John,
     Lord Mayor's Walk, York Y03 7EX, UK or e-mail to fm7 at york.ac.uk.

Academia rears its shaggy head, looks around and focuses on Babylon 5.
Who would have thunk it!

 #: 620127 S5/Babylon 5: General
    02-Dec-96  13:48:32
Sb: #619996-#Call for Papers
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Cool...if they only knew my GPA while I was in college...urk.

                                                                       jms

   to him that he could believe it was always part of the plan. ]

 #: 620128 S5/Babylon 5: General
    02-Dec-96  13:48:33
Sb: #620007-#Sheridan chgd the Arc?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Well, bear in mind that the Valen transition is set up as far back as
the first season....

                                                                       jms

   "Falling Toward Apotheosis." ]

 #: 620129 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    02-Dec-96  13:48:34
Sb: #620032-#Kosh's Ship
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       It was responding to Kosh2's commands to get out of there so he/it could
enter it and escape.

                                                                       jms

   Examinations," he didn't keep his ship from nose diving into the local
   star. ]

 #: 620130 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    02-Dec-96  13:48:36
Sb: #620033-Vorlon ship problem
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       There wasn't enough left for that...it was just a hint of him, that
later needed to be bolstered by both Lorien and Sheridan to hit even a part of
its original ability.

    02-Dec-96  12:33:05
Sb: #619781-#B5 Laser Disc
Fm: S.G. MENZEL

Hi,

do you think it might help if a lot of people would tell WB that they'd be
willing to buy B5 on LD?

SGM

 #: 620131 S5/Babylon 5: General
    02-Dec-96  13:48:39
Sb: #620053-B5 Laser Disc
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       No, it's a status thing, primarily...they don't like to sully their
hands with TV, they prefer to handle the big-budget movies exclusively.

    02-Dec-96  12:41:58
Sb: #B5 Laser Disc
Fm: LAURENCE MORONEY

So what is the difference with WB in the UK?

They/We have had videos for yonks....when I left they were halfway through
season 2

Laurence

 #: 620132 S5/Babylon 5: General
    02-Dec-96  13:48:41
Sb: #620093-#B5 Laser Disc
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Different company (each division is its own company), different mindset.

                                                                      jms

   Vorlon really looks like.  Goes on to wonder how Kosh could have been
   dying (with "real" readings on the monitors) if he was really like
   that. ]

 #: 620133 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    02-Dec-96  13:48:42
Sb: #620114-<<<Moving Towards...>>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Yes, that's a Vorlon...and there was a physicality to them, shown by the
fact that it could strike out and hit things.  It's not a ghost or anything of
that nature, it can be hurt and killed.

    02-Dec-96  12:37:52
Sb: #619954-#Chicago ComiCon '97
Fm: JEFF FRANK

>> Joe is (was?) also listed for another con that weekend in the states, but i
forget which one. <<

Hmmm, we always wondered how was able to write scripts and handle his online
traffic.  Now we know, CLONING! <g>

Jeff
Sigh Corps - Pat Tallman Division
Former Conspiracy Free Agent - now #2 in the ARC
Spending your money on me!

"If you're falling off a cliff, you might as well try to fly; you've got
nothing to lose."

 #: 620137 S5/Babylon 5: General
    02-Dec-96  14:04:20
Sb: #620074-#Chicago ComiCon '97
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Actually, I won't be at either Chicago ComicCon or the Irish con, as it
turns out, since I'm tagged as guest of honor at Westercon 50 in Seattle that
weekend.  I hope to do ChiCon next year, since it's a great experience, and the
Irish one next time I'm in the area.

                                                                       jms

 #: 620138 S5/Babylon 5: General
    02-Dec-96  14:04:21