JMS on CompuServe (Dec 4, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS* 2/2

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Wed Dec 4 15:16:07 EST 1996

 [ Continued from previous section -- BB ]

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/
  ######       Support Babylon 5!       ######
  ##      To get a fifth season of this ##
   # ###    wonderful epic, we need to   # ###
     . ## let local stations and Warner    . ##
  ##   ##   Brothers know we want it!   ##   ##
   #####   www.babylon5.com/cmp/support  #####

    Sb: #620506-#B5 Laser Disc
    Sb: #620547-<Kosh(s), clarification>
    Sb: #620643-<FTA & Vorlons>
    Sb: #620670-<Kosh(s), clarification>
    Sb: #620675-TNT Movies
    Sb: #620782-<Another Kosh Query>
    Sb: #619793-B5 Book Advice
    Sb: #619846-<FTA prophecy&future>
    Sb: #620951-B5 Gold Channel
    Sb: #621087-Thanks for the Gift
    Sb: #621052-<Early History ?>
    Sb: #621070-The Emporer
    Sb: #621129-B5 Laser Disc
    Sb: #621170-#B5 Laser Disc

 #: 620506 S5/Babylon 5: General
    02-Dec-96  23:00:55
Sb: #619040-#B5 Laser Disc
Fm: DEGAN OUTRIDGE

 >>  Nope.  Because a) WB doesn't think there's a market for B5 on tape or
disk, <<

 Any idea how many letters they have received on the subject?  I was just
wondering how many it would take...<G>.

  -Degan Outridge

 #: 620835 S5/Babylon 5: General
    03-Dec-96  15:16:32
Sb: #620506-#B5 Laser Disc
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       If ten zillion letters showed up, it wouldn't matter, I've finally come
to understand...it's a prestige thing, not a money thing.  They want to handle
the high-profile movies.

                                                                       jms

   of Night"), you had said we already saw a Vorlon that season." ]

 #: 620836 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    03-Dec-96  15:16:33
Sb: #620547-<Kosh(s), clarification>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       I'm not sure you're remembering this correctly....

    03-Dec-96  07:20:57
Sb: #<FTA & Vorlons>
Fm: DAVID FOX

JMS,

In this newest episode, have we finally seen what Vorlons really look like?

 #: 620838 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    03-Dec-96  15:16:40
Sb: #620643-<FTA & Vorlons>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Yeah, that's pretty much it.

                                                                       jms

   as seen earlier in "Falling Toward Apotheosis." ]

 #: 620840 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    03-Dec-96  15:16:46
Sb: #620670-<Kosh(s), clarification>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       The encounter suit was mainly to mask them.

    03-Dec-96  09:28:11
Sb: #TNT Movies
Fm: DOUGLAS PILIGIAN

Joe,

I read a press release from Netter Digital last night 12/2/96 9:40PM.  It talks
about the recent drop in the stock price and also outlines projects in
development.  "Among the projects are "Last of the Fallen" and "Guardians,"
both created by "Babylon 5" creator and executive producer J. Michael
Straczynski."  Are these the two movies that TNT has requested?

Doug

 #: 620841 S5/Babylon 5: General
    03-Dec-96  15:16:47
Sb: #620675-TNT Movies
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       No, those are other projects.

                                                                       jms

   Examinations" happened earlier in the story than he had originally
   planned, this viewer asks the obvious question: Was Kosh supposed
   to die in "Falling Toward Apotheosis" as either the "good" Vorlon
   or the "bad" Vorlon? ]

 #: 620843 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    03-Dec-96  15:16:53
Sb: #620782-<Another Kosh Query>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Best to leave what might've been out...what is, is better.

                                                                       jms

 #: 621088 S5/Babylon 5: General
    03-Dec-96  19:57:56
Sb: #619793-B5 Book Advice
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Call a specialty SF bookstore and have them get a copy of CREATING
BABYLON 5, from Boxtree Books in the UK.  It's terrific.

    01-Dec-96  22:45:05
Sb: #619789-#<FTA prophecy&future>
Fm: MARK D. SMITH

>>      Besides, in our soviet revisionism style, that error no longer exists,
so there you are.<<

So, in other words, you retaped that dialog? <G>

Mark

 #: 621089 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    03-Dec-96  19:57:57
Sb: #619846-<FTA prophecy&future>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

     yup

    03-Dec-96  17:09:42
Sb: #B5 Gold Channel
Fm: SYSOP DUPA T PARROT

Joe,

Since issue #2 of Universe Today arrived today with the Gold Channel ID and
password, I gave the Gold Channel area a try. It's a nice start.

Regarding the "lost connection with host messages"... I gather that this is
just a gag? The effect was some what lost by the slow download of the graphics
(as low as 100-odd bytes/sec).

Time to add Bandwidth to the Web site!

 -Dupa T. Parrot, Team SF/F [Tech. Supp. SysOp]
 http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/dupa
 OzWin 2.11 O-

 #: 621094 S5/Babylon 5: General
    03-Dec-96  20:07:56
Sb: #620951-B5 Gold Channel
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yeah, it's just a gag.

    03-Dec-96  19:55:32
Sb: #Thanks for the Gift
Fm: ARLINE  WILLIAMS

I just wanted to say thanks for the little "gift" you gave at LosCon this past
weekend.

It was really interesting to see the two scenes "before and after" as it were.
I Love seeing a stage show progress from the initial writing stage to the
finished product.  I really appreciated it.

But now we have to wait 8 weeks to get the rest of the episode.  <sob>

Arline

 #: 621095 S5/Babylon 5: General
    03-Dec-96  20:07:58
Sb: #621087-Thanks for the Gift
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      The pleasure was entirely mine.

    03-Dec-96  19:07:14
Sb: #<Early History ?>
Fm: WILL CARAWAY

Joe,
        Really enjoying the new direction the show has taken and the new
history we have learned.  This has lead to a few history questions and some
confusion on my part.

        First when the Vorlons and Shadows divided up the galaxy, who got
Earth?  Also, did this division match the division between the Shadows and
Centari?  In regards to Lorien's statement that he is The First One, does this
mean was the first sentient being, the last survivor of the first sentient
race, the first sentient being to achieve sufficient control of life energy to
be "immortal"?  I suspect this may be a little nitpicky but the engineer in me
craves details.  Also, is Z'HaDum Lorien's home world and if not why did he
hang out there so long?  Guess this is getting kind of long and I'm sure you
got other things to do, I'll ask my confusion questions later.  Thanks for your
creation.

                Happy 5'n
                Will

 #: 621096 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    03-Dec-96  20:07:59
Sb: #621052-<Early History ?>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      There was no clear division...they both tried to influence everyone they
came upon, to get them to go one way or the other.

    03-Dec-96  19:37:27
Sb: #The Emporer
Fm: CATHERINE BECIC

and what of the prophetesses?

 #: 621097 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    03-Dec-96  20:08:02
Sb: #621070-The Emporer
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      They weren't prophetesses, they were communications-telepaths, and the
emperor can use them if he perceives the need to keep in contact with events in
the royal court.  Cartagia could give a fig for what goes at home, which will
be ash soon anyway....

    03-Dec-96  21:02:35
Sb: #620835-#B5 Laser Disc
Fm: DEGAN OUTRIDGE

 >>  If ten zillion letters showed up, it wouldn't matter, I've finally come to
understand...it's a prestige thing, not a money thing.  They want to handle the
high-profile movies. <<

 That's depressing...but they won't let you have the rights to release them?
What if we wrote about *that*...<G>?

  -Degan Outridge

 #: 621195 S5/Babylon 5: General
    04-Dec-96  01:07:42
Sb: #621129-B5 Laser Disc
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Nope again.  They're like a monkey with its fist around a nut in a jar;
they won't let go, and can't take it out, or let anyone else have it.  But we
will keep working at it...sooner or later, we'll win.  We always do.

    03-Dec-96  23:13:39
Sb: #620835-#B5 Laser Disc
Fm: MICHAEL GRABOIS

>>If ten zillion letters showed up, it wouldn't matter, I've finally come to
understand...it's a prestige thing, not a money thing.  They want to handle the
high-profile movies.<<

So then why the tapes in the UK? Or is that some other company?
        mg

 #: 621196 S5/Babylon 5: General
    04-Dec-96  01:07:44
Sb: #621170-#B5 Laser Disc
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      UK tapes are under a different divsion of WB.  WB International and WB
Domestic are wholly different divisions...WB isn't one company like Universal
or Paramount, but a series of competing fiefdoms with their own rules and
agendas.