JMS on CompuServe (Dec 11, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Wed Dec 11 14:57:36 EST 1996

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/
  ######       Support Babylon 5!       ######
  ##      To get a fifth season of this ##
   # ###    wonderful epic, we need to   # ###
     . ## let local stations and Warner    . ##
  ##   ##   Brothers know we want it!   ##   ##
   #####   www.babylon5.com/cmp/support  #####

    Sb: #624422-Diseases in B5?
    Sb: #624271-New Fan
    Sb: #624395-Narn of the Above
    Sb: #624431-War of the Worlds
    Sb: #624477-#V

 #: 624422 S5/Babylon 5: General
    10-Dec-96  20:02:29
Sb: #624166-#Diseases in B5?
Fm: MICHAEL R. BREHMER

Message text written by J. Michael Straczynski
> to make her more human<

Joe:

The assumption is, then, that her genetic make-up is now sufficiently human to
permit human/Mimbari procreation.  Does that mean that Delenn could no longer
have children via a Mimbari father?

Mike

 #: 624450 S5/Babylon 5: General
    10-Dec-96  21:34:08
Sb: #624422-Diseases in B5?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Probably not.

    10-Dec-96  16:11:30
Sb: #New Fan
Fm: DOUGLAS PILIGIAN

Joe,

Thought I'd share this with you.  Last week a very good friend flew in for a
few days to visit.  She's not a science fiction fan by any stretch of the
imagination,  lives in the high Sierra and thinks television is a complete
waste of time.  Anyway after dinner the first night I put "Hour of the Wolf" in
the VCR to watch after reading some comments about it.  She sat down and asked
what this was.  I gave her a very brief summary of the show, told her how much
I enjoyed it, etc. and she started to watch.  Then she started asking questions
so we went back to "Shadow Dancing" and over the next few days in our free time
we worked forward to FTA.  "That's it?!  What about....".  Anyway she is now
hooked and is going to find out if cable is available where she lives, or if
not wanted me to tape the show and send it to her.  Of all the people I have
worked to convert, she was someone who I never would have even considered.

Doug

 #: 624451 S5/Babylon 5: General
    10-Dec-96  21:34:10
Sb: #624271-New Fan
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      That's a great story...thanks.  Inch by inch, we're taking over the
planet.

    10-Dec-96  19:12:10
Sb: #Narn of the Above
Fm: REBECCA ESCHLIMAN

jms -

Now that the relaxation of reruns is upon us, it's time to catch up on little
questions:

I've noticed that the Narns shown or referred to have been divided between "G'"
Narns and "N'" Narns, if not entirely, then for the most part.

Is this division based on:

    - bloodlines
    - religious affiliation
    - Narn psychic midwife declaration
    - Narn of the above?

-rje-

I can almost feel the rustling-in of some kind of enchantment already.

 #: 624452 S5/Babylon 5: General
    10-Dec-96  21:34:12
Sb: #624395-Narn of the Above
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      It's usually based on religious affiliation.

    10-Dec-96  20:30:01
Sb: #War of the Worlds
Fm: RICHARD M. PERRY

        Hey Joe, I just picked up a copy of the comic War of the Worlds written
by one Randy "Zimm" Zimmerman. In the back he has written something about why
he wanted to do this book and in the middle of it, (when he's talking about not
telling us more than we want to know 'cause it'd spoil the fun) he makes the
statement to "never ask me about Babylon 5 unless you want to know". So, is
this someone associated with the show or is he just plugging the product?

        Also, just in case you didn't know, "The Cold Equations" (a Sci-Fi
Channel original movie) will be showing on the Sci-Fi channel this Sat. Dec. 14
at 8:00pm eastern. I wonder if they'll take the more humane approach of losing
some legs instead of spacewalking the girl?<G>

May the Light shine forever,
Rich
Moose and Squirrel in 2261

 #: 624453 S5/Babylon 5: General
    10-Dec-96  21:34:14
Sb: #624431-War of the Worlds
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I have no idea...it's news to me.  Is this a new book?

                                                                    jms

   poster asks, "Why did NBC reject it and why weren't the original V
   characters included?" ]

 #: 624516 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Dec-96  03:33:17
Sb: #624477-#V
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      NBC didn't reject it, it was meant for syndication after the network show
was canceled; and most of the cast had moved on to do other things. Actors
don't generally just hang around waiting for shows to get revived, they were
not available in many cases, and my mandate was to give the show a fresh start.