ATTN JMS: Road Trip/Babylon 5 Parties

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Tue Jul 9 06:43:12 EDT 1996

Subject: ATTN JMS: Road Trip/Babylon 5 Parties
+  1: Jul  9, 1996: Norman Aragones <naragon at yvv.com>
*  2: Jul  9, 1996: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

From: Norman Aragones <naragon at yvv.com>

Hey everyone!

	This is Norman Aragones again, and if you haven't come across my
previous Road Trip Posts, I'll provide a quick summary. I'm currently
travelling cross-country on my way to Sacramento by way of Fort Worth,
San Antonio, Phoenix, the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, and San Francisco. I
started by leaving Piscataway, NJ on the 28th of June and have since
stopped in Arlington VA, Pittsburgh PA, Detroit MI, Ann Arbor MI,
Schaumburg IL, and Urbana IL, which is where I am writing this post. At
every stop I am offering my complete collection of all 61 episodes of
Babylon 5, plus the pilot, for the perusal and enjoyment of anyone who is
gracious and generous enough to let me stop over for a day or two- to
catch some sleep and perhaps do some laundry ;)

	Since the 28th, this road trip has really snowballed into
something amazing. During the course of this trip, I have gained access
to the Pentagon, explored a Frank Lloyd Wright house, discovered a long
lost friend of 8 years, seen Lake Michigan from either side, and learned
how to access my account from every kind of computer ranging from a Sun
workstation to a Mac SE 30 to a 286! I have learned more about how big
this country really is, and just how diverse people can really be, but
more importantly I've learned about the kinds of things that can bring us
all together, like trust, and friendship, and Babylon 5. ;)

	Which is why I wanted to get your attention, Joe. Thank you for
creating something of such wonder and quality and awesome magnitude.
Thank you for creating something which has people think, question, and
dream again. This entire experience of mine would not have been possible
without your show. Sure, I could have paid a thousand dollars more to
stay at hotels, but there wouldn't have been anyone to meet, to have
intruiging conversations with, and share a common passion/obsession with!
Babylon 5 has turned what would have been a tourist-laden trek into
something I will never forget. Thank You, Joe.

	At this point, I'll be passing the midpoint of my trip around
Fort Worth. I'll probably post once or twice before I get to it's end.
Farewell for now!

From: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

I'm glad to hear it's been a great experience...and take care of yourself
out there on the road.