JMS on CompuServe (Jul 28, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Sun Jul 28 14:01:14 EDT 1996

    Sb: #547709-#TV Zone
    Sb: #547454-TV-Guide B5 article
    Sb: #547568-<WWE_Possible arc hole>
    Sb: #547919-#Apology to jms
    Sb: #547902-Snow White?
    Sb: B5 FAN CLUB INFO!

   U.K. devotes 40 of its 64 pages to Babylon 5.  In addition, it features
   several photos of JMS. ]

 #: 547767 S5/Babylon 5: General
    27-Jul-96  14:31:07
Sb: #547709-#TV Zone
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Photos of me?  Oh, dear.  Now nobody'll buy it....

    26-Jul-96  22:37:08
Sb: #546987-#TV-Guide B5 article
Fm: MARA K. MALOVANY

>>At least there was more than a few words of mention about B5 for a change!<<

        Yep.  A brief blip on the radar screen of mainstream culture.
        And the B5-stealth bomber continues on its mission...<g>

Mara

 #: 547769 S5/Babylon 5: General
    27-Jul-96  14:36:06
Sb: #547454-TV-Guide B5 article
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      What a great image....

                                                                    jms

   the pilot if they knew he was Valen. ]

 #: 547770 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    27-Jul-96  14:36:07
Sb: #547568-<WWE_Possible arc hole>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Bear in mind that there have been lots of folks named Sinclair in the
last 900 years; that we don't know how much Valen told anyone about his prior
life; that the Minbari had had little to no direct contact with the Vorlons in
well over a hundred years and likely would not have told them what they found
at the Battle of the Line until such time as personal contact had been made
again, which only happened at Kosh's arrival...and there wasn't exactly time to
make a report after he rolled into B5 for the first time.

    27-Jul-96  17:26:10
Sb: #546215-#Apology to jms
Fm: MR. TRACY SCHELL

>>       To your questions...there's always been a side-story that could go off
after the 5 years in the B5 universe, but it wouldn't be B5.  No reference
books planned for now, or anything filmic currently on the boards. <<

Are there serious, concrete plans for this "side story"? Or is it in the
"drawing board" stage only.

Mr.T- On Florida's Space Coast

 #: 548109 S5/Babylon 5: General
    27-Jul-96  23:38:23
Sb: #547919-#Apology to jms
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      All I can say for now is that WB has asked us to make a presentation to
them on a possible sequel; this has been done.  They've now asked us to go to
the next step of making a demo reel.  In addition, there's some very exciting
stuff going on with TNT that I can't talk about yet, but hope to be able to do
so soon.

    27-Jul-96  16:29:05
Sb: #Snow White?
Fm: RICHARD M. PERRY

        Hey Joe, I was looking through the weekend supplement to the Palm Beach
Post and saw an ad for a play, Snow White, written by you. I was wondering what
you could tell me about the play itself as it might mean seeing if my sister
and her children would like to go. (since they'll be in town visiting next
week) Something tells me that the writer can't be all that bad, but one can
never tell about these things. <BG>

May the Light shine forever,
Rich

 #: 548110 S5/Babylon 5: General
    27-Jul-96  23:38:26
Sb: #547902-Snow White?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      ....oh, shrock....

      No, don't go.  It's terrible.  Everyone dies.  Your kid will end up
traumatized.  The surgeon general issued a report advising against it.  Whole
communities have outlawed it.  I...I....

      I was a much younger fellow when I wrote that.  I was, I think, about 18
or 19; I'd written a number of produced one-act plays at 16 and 17, but this
was my first commissioned play, and one of my first long-term produced
full-length plays, running summer stock in the San Diego area for 16 weeks. You
can't hold what I wrote at 18 against me now.

      I don't remember anything about it.  I've flensed it from memory.  I
can't...I....awk....

      <no carrier>

 #: 548304 S5/Babylon 5: General
    28-Jul-96  08:58:50
Sb: B5 FAN CLUB INFO!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

The following information has just been released by Jim Lochett,
coordinator for the OFFICIAL BABYLON 5 FAN CLUB.  (Note to
convention organizers: the address given below can now be used
as a central clearing house for invitations to cast and crew.)

                                ***

                  THE OFFICIAL BABYLON 5 FAN CLUB

Join today and you will receive the Official Membership Kit, including:

     A Subscription to The Universe Today: The Official Newsletter of the
     B5FC filled with exclusive interviews, news about Babylon 5, and
     exciting merchandise offers.
     An 8x10 Cast Photo
     Full Color Babylon 5 Mini-Poster (13"x20")
     B5 Fan Club Button & Full Color Sticker
     Membership Certificate (Signed by the show's Executive Producers, J.
     Michael Straczynski and Douglas Netter)
     Membership ID Card granting you discounts on merchandise, conventions,
     etc., as well as access to the Members Only section of TheStation.com,
     the B5 Fan Club Web-site (to be up May 1996).
     Plus as a bonus, the first 100 people to join get:
     A Limited Collection Sticker of the alternate B5 Logo as designed by
     artist Peter Ledger.

Remember, this is more than just your run of the mill fan club; the Babylon
5 fans time and time again have gone that extra step for the show, and the
Babylon 5 Fan Club is our way of giving something back to those who've been
so loyal to us.

------------------  CLIP OR COPY AND GIVE TO A FRIEND  --------------------

YES!  I want to join The Official Babylon 5 Fan Club.  Please send my
membership kit to:

Name:     ________________________________________________________________

Age:      __________

Address:  ________________________________________________________________

City:     _____________________________ State:  ___________ ZIP:  ________

Country:  _____________

e-mail address:  _________________________________________________________

Local Station you watch B5 on:  __________________________________________

Suggestions:  ____________________________________________________________

_____ I got this form from a friend.

Enclosed is $12.95 for a U.S. membership; $14.95 for a Canadian membership;
and $19.95 for Foreign memberships.  Orders must be in U.S. funds. Send
check or money order (DO NOT send cash) made payable to:

Babylonian Productions/Fan Club

Mail to:  The Official Babylon 5 Fan Club
          PO Box 856
          North Hollywood, CA 91603

Please allow 5-6 weeks for delivery.  Foreign and Canadian orders are
shipped surface, please allow additional time for shipping.

All returned checks are subject to a $15.00 service charge.

----------------  CUT HERE FOR THE END OF THE FORM  -------------------