JMS on CompuServe (Mar 16, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett brent.barrett at 24stex.com
Sat Mar 16 21:01:57 EST 1996

 [ Note from Brent: Before you ask, no I cannot forward
   your questions to JMS.  He has asked that questions
   not originating from CIS accounts not be posted to
   CIS.  He encourages all of us to wait for the
   moderated USENET group, to which he plans to
   subscribe. ]

 #: 470388 S5/Babylon 5: General
    15-Mar-96  08:03:59
Sb: #470288-#B5 RPG?
Fm: PHILIP HORNSEY

Who is doing it? (the RPG)

Phil^^^^
FREE MARS!

 #: 470500 S5/Babylon 5: General
    15-Mar-96  13:53:24
Sb: #470388-#B5 RPG?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Chameleon Games is doing the RPG.

                                                                       jms

   in widescreen format. ]

 #: 470501 S5/Babylon 5: General
    15-Mar-96  13:53:25
Sb: #470451-Babylon 5 - Widescreen
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Eventually, yes, B5 will be available in widescreen.

    15-Mar-96  11:38:11
Sb: #470288-#B5 RPG?
Fm: AL LIPSCOMB

FRP games require a good bit of detail information about the races and
"universe", it
would seem me you would have to tell us much more about the alien races than
you have been willing to so far (and I have no problem with that as I can
understand how the gradual revelation of each race adds a great deal to the
overall story arc).

Could this mean that by the time the games comes out you will have finished
showing us the aliens and are moveing along with other things?

 #: 470502 S5/Babylon 5: General
    15-Mar-96  13:53:27
Sb: #470452-B5 RPG?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       I think I can work out how much info to put in and still leave me with
other areas to bring out new stuff, and there'll likely be supplements and
subsequent reference works later that incorporate new stuff anyway.

                                                                       jms

   name of his main characters.  Foolishly asks a *second* question at the
   end about whether or not their middle initials will turn out to be "M." ]

 #: 470665 S5/Babylon 5: General
    15-Mar-96  18:11:01
Sb: #470437-#character initials
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Sinclair's middle name is David, Sheridan's middle initial is J.

                                                                       jms

 #: 470670 S5/Babylon 5: General
    15-Mar-96  18:27:16
Sb: #470527-Thought from jms
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Thanks....

                                                                       jms

   by Shadows." ]

 #: 470671 S5/Babylon 5: General
    15-Mar-96  18:27:17
Sb: #470590-Minbari warrior caste
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       I don't think I've ever said that.

                                                                       jms

 #: 470672 S5/Babylon 5: General
    15-Mar-96  18:27:18
Sb: #470632-#Minbari Stealth
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       As established in the show, they use gravitational and magnetic drives
in many cases.

                                                                       jms

   jumpgate. ]

 #: 470673 S5/Babylon 5: General
    15-Mar-96  18:27:19
Sb: #470646-#Jumpgate dimensions
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       B5 is probably a bit too big, but it's a moot point, as the station
can't move under power anyway.

                                                                       jms

   "counter-rotating sections, which would allow it to turn under power." ]

 #: 470834 S5/Babylon 5: General
    15-Mar-96  22:05:28
Sb: #470692-#Jumpgate dimensions
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Yeah...funny, that....

                                                                       jms

 * Brent Barrett    brent.barrett at 24stex.com *
 * Senior Software Engineer   Automedia, Inc *
 *          -- Watch Babylon-5! --           *

-*** <b5jms-owner at majordomo.cs.columbia.edu>.  If you want to send your
-*** reply to someone else, make sure the "To:" header line is correctly
-*** set.  COPYRIGHT NOTICE: You may NOT repost any messages appearing in
-*** this B5JMS list/digest to any other forum without prior permission from
-*** all of the respective authors.