JMS on AOL: 03/26/96 to 03/27/96

Kevin P Mooney kpmooney at acsu.Buffalo.EDU
Sat Mar 30 12:03:43 EST 1996

The following is a compilation of the posts of JMS on AOL.  If you have
comments or suggestions, please e-mail me at <kpmooney at acsu.buffalo.edu>

WARNING:  Possible spoilers may lurk below.

ObSpoiler space:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

Subj:  Re:Mumy on Sci-Fi Buzz
Date:  96-03-26 16:37:56 EST
From:  Jms at B5

I believe the clip in question was from "Ceremonies of Light and Dark."

jms

Subj:  Re:Lincoln
Date:  96-03-26 16:40:35 EST
From:  Jms at B5

"the last, best hope of Earth" was from Lincoln, yes.  We quoted it in
"Points of Departure."

jms

Subj:  Re:Pilots
Date:  96-03-26 16:42:16 EST
From:  Jms at B5

The story just kinda shifted away from that for a while; I try not to stay
too long with any one thread.  They sorta come in waves; as with this season,
we emphasized Earth stuff for the first 11 or so episodes; then we slide back
into the Centauri stuff, then the Minbari, then the Narn.  Aspects of the
show rise and fall in prominence as needed for the story.  We'll get back to
the pilots in the fullness of time.

jms

Subj:  Re:West/East End of London
Date:  96-03-26 16:46:39 EST
From:  Jms at B5

What I'd said, and maybe I wasn't sufficiently clear, but my sense was that I
wasn't going to change it *prior to the first US airing.*  I found out about
the mistake -- it was a typo, I knew the difference, I just became
momentarily stupid and wrote west when I meant to type east -- after the show
aired in the UK, and had a couple of months in which I could've chosen to
make the change.  But I was concerned that the dub wouldn't have the same
power as the original performance, so I was willing to let it go until after
it aired, so it would've had that impact, then make the change later.
Happily, the loop came out *very* well, so it worked out.

jms

Subj:  Re:Odd Questions
Date:  96-03-26 16:48:44 EST
From:  Jms at B5

The Ranger colony was financially supported by the Minbari; the Drazi allowed
them to use one of their colony worlds as a base.

If humans are special, and in some measure we are or we wouldn't be in the
story, I should think it's more for what we *do* than what we *are*.  There
is something very unique about us which comes in handily in the series.
Delenn's already pointed this out.

jms

Subj:  Re:Ask not.