DS9's plummeting ratings, was Re: EP: ALDFA Dream Sequence

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Tue May 7 06:19:22 EDT 1996

Subject: DS9's plummeting ratings, was Re: EP: ALDFA Dream Sequence
+  1: May  1, 1996: cortese at netcom.com (Janis Maria C. C. Cortese)
+  3: May  2, 1996: asmpd at orion.alaska.edu
*  4: May  6, 1996: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

From: cortese at netcom.com (Janis Maria C. C. Cortese)

In article <4m6jhk$pos at news.nyu.edu> dqm5431 at is4.nyu.edu (Devin P. Mccullen) writes:

>SPeaking of Star Trek stupidity, for anyone who hasn't heard, Nana
>Visitor (Kira) and Alexander Siddig (Bashir) have become involved, and
>as a result, she's expecting.

I smell a serious BCF here . . .

>The way they're putting this into the show (according to TV Guide) is
>by having Keiko's (O'Brien's wife) forthcoming child implanted into
>Kira for some yet-to-be-made-up plot reason. And they wonder why their
>ratings are going down!

Plummeting through the floor is more like it.  Like I said, it went from
the top rated syndicated drama to *16th* at the last Reuters poll.
Prime example of, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."  They'll probably
make up some stupid-assed story about Kira feeling too butch and wanting
to get in touch with her "feminine, motherly side."  Along with getting
in serious touch with the Avon lady and Frederick's of Hollywood, by the
looks of it.  Our new Cut-N-Style Kira should be joining Eagle Forum
any day now.  Meanwhile, Ivanova continues to kick serious ass . . .
*sigh*  WHY will they not understand that it was the buzz cut,
ass-kicking Butch On Wheels Kira that everyone fell in love with?

Anyone see this week's TV Guide?  Maybe there's hope for an Andrew
Robinson guest starring role yet, if DS9 gets mercifully put to sleep.
(And then of course they'll say some shit like, "Oh, I guess that show
never was any good . . . " when it was them FUCKING with perfection that
destroyed it . . . )

I still cannot believe how a show that was once the jewel in the Trek
triple crown has been so completely run into the GROUND.  By the
Goddess, kill it and let those actors get some REAL roles for once!

Take care,
Janis, still snarlingly angry over this
================================<*>=================================
cortese at netcom.com                       http://www.io.com/~cortese/
Homepage includes Feminism, Lefthanders, and Second Amendment Links!
   There was an old man                Said with a laugh, "I
   From Peru, whose lim'ricks all      Cut them in half, the pay is
   Look'd like haiku. He               Much better for two."

                                              Emmet

From: asmpd at orion.alaska.edu

In article <corteseDqpJr4.F8B at netcom.com>, cortese at netcom.com (Janis Maria C. C. Cortese) writes:
> In article <4m6jhk$pos at news.nyu.edu> dqm5431 at is4.nyu.edu (Devin P. Mccullen) writes:
>>
>>SPeaking of Star Trek stupidity, for anyone who hasn't heard, Nana
>>Visitor (Kira) and Alexander Siddig (Bashir) have become involved, and
>>as a result, she's expecting.
>
> I smell a serious BCF here . . .
>
>>The way they're putting this into the show (according to TV Guide) is
>>by having Keiko's (O'Brien's wife) forthcoming child implanted into
>>Kira for some yet-to-be-made-up plot reason. And they wonder why their
>>ratings are going down!
>
> Plummeting through the floor is more like it.  Like I said, it went from
> the top rated syndicated drama to *16th* at the last Reuters poll.

[stuff deleted]

Really?  I'd heard that DS9 has been the number one syndicated drama
in the Neilsen ratings for the past few weeks. Can someone confirm/deny this?

-Matt Doogan

From: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

No, DS9 isn't the top drama in syndication; it regularly gets beaten by
both Hercules and Xena.