JMS on CompuServe (May 28, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS* 1/2

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Tue May 28 16:51:06 EDT 1996

    Sb: #513327-<WWE II>
    Sb: #513086-#<War W/o End #2>
    Sb: #513393-#<<Time Travel Ques.>>

   Ivanova's shoes." ]

 #: 513557 S5/Babylon 5: General
    27-May-96  20:25:38
Sb: #513002-Penguins Attack!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      We're keeping that information on ice for now.

                                                                     jms

   offering a diverse collection of accents and cultures in the B5 universe. ]

 #: 513558 S5/Babylon 5: General
    27-May-96  20:25:40
Sb: #513040-Character Casting
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks.  Yes, we do try and cast from a variety of backgrounds, and allow
for different accents and the like.  We haven't done as much as I'd like, I
think we did more in season 3 than in 2, but I still think we can do more of
it.

                                                                    jms

   a review of web browsers, states that users can "hear the latest sound
   clip from Friends or view a teaser of next week's episode of Babylon 5.
   Then he goes on to ask if JMS could squeeze "Babylon Squared" into the
   rerun schedule. ]

 #: 513559 S5/Babylon 5: General
    27-May-96  20:25:42
Sb: #513063-MacUser mention
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Alas, I have zip influence over airing schedules.

                                                                    jms

   year run is up and asks JMS if he'd consider re-doing the special effects
   down the road if the technology ever improved, "ala Star Wars." ]

 #: 513561 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    27-May-96  20:25:45
Sb: #513075-<WWE, part 2>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I'm still working on doing it, now to even think about re-doing it is
more than my poor brain can handle....

                                                                    jms

   running off at the mouth with her comments. ]

 #: 513562 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    27-May-96  20:25:48
Sb: #512987-<<WWE2 - Spoilers & ? >>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks for all that, it's much appreciated.  And don't worry about
"running off at the mouth."  If folks around here can stand me, then can put up
with just about anybody.

                                                                    jms

 #: 513077 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    26-May-96  23:19:37
Sb: #511707-#Some thots on <<WWE2>>
Fm: MORRIS L. GAVANT, M.D.

You mean you're actually human?

Dr. G

 #: 513563 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    27-May-96  20:25:49
Sb: #513077-Some thots on <<WWE2>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Unless you've heard something....

                                                                    jms

 #: 513076 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    26-May-96  23:19:36
Sb: #512749-#<WWE2>
Fm: MORRIS L. GAVANT, M.D.

JMS,
I'm confused about why Delenn dropped the lighthouse globe (now why would a
good ol' boy from land locked Kansas have a lighthouse?).  When will I no
longer be confused?

 #: 513564 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    27-May-96  20:25:53
Sb: #513076-<WWE2>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Well, the reason Delenn dropped the globe will be gone into by the end of
the season; as for "when will (you) no longer be confused?" that's rather
outside my purview.  Have you considered meditation?

                                                                    jms

 #: 513565 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    27-May-96  20:25:54
Sb: #513021-<War w/o End>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Well, you see them every time you go into the set.

                                                                    jms

 #: 513566 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    27-May-96  20:25:56
Sb: #513047-#<<WWE 2 Time Flashes>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Throughout the episode, whenever there's a tachyon burst, pretty much
everyone has a timeflash of one sort or another (as also mentioned in Babylon
Squared).

    27-May-96  00:32:45
Sb: #510955-#Attn: JMS, Continuity
Fm: MICHAEL GRABOIS

I wouldn't have mentioned this except for that we know you're a stickler for
continuity. Delenn's sleeve was the wrong color as she touched Sinclair's arm
at the end. (we watched B^2 and WWE 1 right before part 2).

And did we ever hear anything about the B4 crew that was evacuated?
        mg

 #: 513610 S5/Babylon 5: General
    27-May-96  21:10:03
Sb: #513088-#Attn: JMS, Continuity
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yeah, I know about the sleeve...and actually she didn't touch him in
WWE2.  It was one of those days when it was a hideous production schedule, and
I wasn't on set, and it slipped by everybody else.

                                                                       jms

 #: 513611 S5/Babylon 5: General
    27-May-96  21:10:05
Sb: #513269-WWE2-Cousin Bruce Morrow
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks, and always feel free to join in.

                                                                    jms

   word on renewal. ]

 #: 513612 S5/Babylon 5: General
    27-May-96  21:10:07
Sb: #513499-Mira's words on JMS/B5
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Mira's from Yugoslavia...and no word yet on renewal.

                                                                    jms

   passed "Industry Suits." ]

 #: 513613 S5/Babylon 5: General
    27-May-96  21:10:09
Sb: #513210-#How Time Flies
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Oddly enough, the suits (studio execs) have basically come to trust us to
do this right...and that's hard won.

                                                                    jms

 #: 513614 S5/Babylon 5: General
    27-May-96  21:10:11
Sb: #513381-#How Time Flies
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks.  That was the one thing I just didn't want to do, disappoint the
fans, as I'd been disappointed so many times *as* a fan.  We'll never be
perfect, however much I try, there will always be glitches, and more glitches,
and sons of glitches, but we always work to make it as good as humanly
possible.  It's certainly the story I always wanted to see, and hope that
others feel the same.

                                                                    jms

   has been renewed for season four is true. ]

 #: 513616 S5/Babylon 5: General
    27-May-96  21:10:14
Sb: #512983-#B5 RENEWED? YES? YES!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, the information is *not* true, and I sent Steve a note about this.
The meeting to renew/not renew B5 hasn't happened yet, though it'll be
happening shortly.  Some individual stations have signed on, but that isn't the
same thing as renewal, since WB will make its decision based on the final
number of stations that do sign on, vs. those that don't, or those that put it
in an unworkable timeslot.

                                                                    jms

   her writer husband now love Babylon 5. ]

 #: 513617 S5/Babylon 5: General
    27-May-96  21:10:16
Sb: #513212-Drop-Jawed with Delight
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks, and I'm happy to be here.  Just part of the service....

                                                                    jms

   went into the Chrysalis. ]

 #: 513618 S5/Babylon 5: General
    27-May-96  21:10:18
Sb: #513253-First season question
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Delenn had intended to tell Sinclair much about the soul issue before
entering the chrysalis.

                                                                    jms

   pick up Babylon 5 if he current station cancels it. ]

 #: 513619 S5/Babylon 5: General
    27-May-96  21:10:20
Sb: #513293-B5 and station-swapping
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yes, any other independent station in your area can pick up B5 if the
current station stops carrying it.  This has in fact happened in several places
where stations didn't support it, dropped it, and another picked it up and did
much better with it.  And thanks.

                                                                    jms

 #: 513620 S5/Babylon 5: General
    27-May-96  21:10:23
Sb: #513514-B5 Screen Saver
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks, yeah, I use it myself, nifty stuff.

                                                                    jms

   Guide pulled the notice about season four renewal. ]

 #: 513622 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    27-May-96  21:10:25
Sb: #513327-<WWE II>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks.  Lurker's pulled the flash because it ain't so, and I indicated
as much to them.  Obviously they're eager, and want for good news to come soon,
as do we all, so they can't be faulted for enthusiasm.

                                                                    jms

   the end of the story in the middle of the story. ]

 #: 513623 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    27-May-96  21:10:27
Sb: #513086-#<War W/o End #2>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks; showing the end of a story at or near the middle is a literary
device that's sometimes used by novelists that can be very effective, if used
properly.  It shows you what happens, but leaves open *how* you got there, and
what it means.

                                                                    jms

 #: 513393 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    27-May-96  15:46:02
Sb: #510594-#<<Time Travel Ques.>>
Fm: EDWIN CHAN

talking about time travel, was the scenes with garibaldi with more hair, scenes
that where taped back during the first season, or where they taped now?  also,
i have heard that the remaining episodes of the third season will be shown in
october.  is that true and how many episodes are left of season three?

thanks in advance,
ec in nyc

 #: 513624 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    27-May-96  21:10:29
Sb: #513393-#<<Time Travel Ques.>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yes, the Garibaldi scenes in part 2 were all from the first season; and
the last 5 eps will apparently be held for October to ramp up the ratings for
the November sweeps.

                                                                    jms

 [ Continued in next section -- BB ]