JMS on CompuServe (May 29, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS* 2/2

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Wed May 29 14:15:29 EDT 1996

 [ Continued from previous section -- BB ]

    Sb: #514213-<WWE II>
    Sb: #514122-<WWE II>
    Sb: #513914-<War W/o End #2>
    Sb: #514414-<War W/o End #2>
    Sb: #514372-WWE <<Major Spoiler>>
    Sb: #514307-IT IS DONE

 #: 514213 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    28-May-96  19:11:34
Sb: #511336-#<WWE II>
Fm: ROWAN KAISER

>> Thanks.  Actually, I seem to recall, after that Londo/G'Kar scene was shown
the last time, posting somewhere that folks now knew *what* has happened, but
they don't yet know the *context*.  Very few picked up on that and thought to
actually reverse what they *thought* they were seeing to what they *might* be
seeing.<<

"You must surrender to your greatest fear, knowing that it will destroy you"

I figured that that would be G'Kar, but not like that.  Wow.  And I want to
know when Londo and G'Kar become "old friends".  But you answer to that will be
"wait and see", right?

Speaking of them, was that thingy on Londo's shoulder his controller?  It
looked somewhat alien, but that might just be me reading something into it.

 #: 514490 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    29-May-96  00:02:33
Sb: #514213-<WWE II>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yes, that was his keeper.

                                                                    jms

 #: 514122 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    28-May-96  17:16:43
Sb: #<WWE II>
Fm: CASEY J. PETER

>>      Thanks.  Lurker's pulled the flash because it ain't so, and I indicated
as much to them.  >>Obviously they're eager, and want for good news to come
soon, as do we all, so they >>can't be faulted for enthusiasm.

Yer welcome. (I'm not sure why you're thankin' me, as you're the one(s) bustin'
yer behinds making sure we get this show!<g>)

I'm not too worried 'bout renewal, though.  A long time ago, in a post far, far
away, a certain guy with the initials of........uh.....<g> JMS spoke of a time
to worry.  He mentioned that he'd be out wavin' his virtual arms and shoutin'
to the housetops. (paraphrasing).

You haven't been doing that.

 After seeing Broadcast's book on the ratings, it seems to me that demo-wise
B5's actually doing better than all of WB's own stable of shows.  Killing a
show that makes it budget, does well in the syndi-ratings, has verifiable local
station support, and has a VERY VOCAL cadre of fan support would be fool-hardy.

While I will NEVER pretend to know show business (thank goodness!) just as you
don't pretend to know the deep end of computing (which I do<g>), there are
certain things you don't do in business, one of which is:  cutting profit.
(Well, at least in capitalistic countries.)

So while I'm on pins and needles, they're not as sharp nor as agonizing as they
were at this time last year.

Keep up the good work my virtual friend.

See ya round the nets,

Casey J. Peter
IBM LAN Administrator
ISSC/IBM Boulder
cntsoft at ibm.net

 #: 514491 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    29-May-96  00:02:34
Sb: #514122-<WWE II>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks.  Actually, the final demographic report just came out for the
second quarter of 1996, and we now officially have the *best* demographics of
ANY dramatic series in syndication, finally beating DS9 and Baywatch.

                                                                    jms

   According to Garp," in which the story follows each of the characters
   to their eventual deaths. ]

 #: 514492 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    29-May-96  00:02:35
Sb: #513914-<War W/o End #2>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, no Garp ending planned at this juncture.

                                                                    jms

   story in the middle has been used elsewhere. ]

 #: 514493 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    29-May-96  00:02:37
Sb: #514414-<War W/o End #2>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      If you check out some of the more experimental South American magic
realism and fantasy work, you'll find this used a bit more.  Also, I believe
that Pratchett and Gaiman's collaboration kind of began at the ending (unless
my memory is acting up again).

                                                                    jms

 #: 514372 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    28-May-96  21:09:47
Sb: #511862-#WWE <<Major Spoiler>>
Fm: STEVE BRIGHTMAN

> have the same subatomic particle exist in two separate places at the same >
time, much to everyone's consternation.

Joe, I don't know why the consternation. Back when I was learning to become a
physicist (I quit when it became too bizarre <g>) most particles were
considered to be defined in space by a probability function. Add to that the
wave/particle dualism thing and any particle probably exists in many places at
once.

On a different note I usually dislike the time travel thing and all the
paradoxes involved. However, in the case of WWE you wove it together with
Babylon Squared so well I'm simply in awe.

And on a final note if B4 can be sent back in time to save the day why can't
the Shadows send reinforcements back in time as well. After all aren't they
technically superior to the Minbari ?

Steve Brightman,    The lurker formerly known as "Smeghead"
Pre-emptively multitasking since '87, here via Autopilot

 #: 514494 S6/Babylon 5: Upcoming
    29-May-96  00:02:40
Sb: #514372-WWE <<Major Spoiler>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Time travel isn't that easy, and at this juncture it will never happen
again in the B5 universe.

                                                                    jms

   message thanking all members of the forum, and especially JMS, for
   enriching his life. ]

 #: 514537 S5/Babylon 5: General
    29-May-96  02:26:25
Sb: #514307-IT IS DONE