ATTN JMS: B5 Renewed in Atlanta!

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Fri May 31 06:29:22 EDT 1996

Subject: ATTN JMS: B5 Renewed in Atlanta!
+  1: May 29, 1996: seenar at netcom.com (Bryan G. Stephens)
*  2: May 30, 1996: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

From: seenar at netcom.com (Bryan G. Stephens)

Yes! WATL, 36, Atlanta has announced they decided to renew B5! I like to
think that the fans here had something to do with that. We mounted a
letter writng campaign. When WATL put up there web page, the majority of
hits on the site were in support of B5. A local Wargame shop (the WAR ROOM)
has purchaced at least 8 weeks of comercials during B5, eeven though it
is shown at 5am wednesdays, and 12am sundays. (I love the double run!). I
just wanted to say that in this experience, the Atlanta fans I had
contact with were from all walks of life. It seems that although B5 are
not as great in number as Star Trek or X-files fans, that they are not
causual viewers They appear more than willing to go that extra mile for the
show. Of course, with a creator who goes that extra mile himself (as well,
apparently other staff), it sets a high exaple to follow. I hope that it
is this way in the other markets, but I expect that it is from most of
what I see here. I know for myself, B5 is the only show I make an effort
to see in my busy schedual (work, school, and all that). I don't tape
this one to watch later, I get up early! I just wanted to say thanks for
giving us a great run (even if the dragon wakes up and kills the show).
We are all holding our breath down here in Atlanta, [times like this I
wish I belived in a god so I could sell my soul to the devil, alas. ;) ]

Welll I have gotten a bit wordy, but I do that sometimes. I do have a
qick closing question however:
Do you plan to attend a convetntion that is east of the Mississippi, and
south of DC? Like after the Olympics (if the city still stands)?

Thanks again, love the Show.

Bryan
--
Bryan G. Stephens
seenar at netcom.com

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent"

-Salvor Hardin, Foundation

From: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

Thanks, that's good news.  Right now the stations are being canvassed by
WB for their final decision, so this is a good time.