JMS on CompuServe (Nov 02, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Sat Nov 2 19:10:18 EST 1996

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/

    Sb: #602814-<Z'Ha'Dum - Praise>
    Sb: #603062-<Z'Ha'Dum - Praise>
    Sb: #602856-<<great chess game ?>>
    Sb: #603019-#JMS Hospital rumor FALSE
    Sb: #602858-<Z>
    Sb: #602742-<<Z - Sheridan>>
    Sb: #603347-Z Questions, Comment

 #: 603090 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    01-Nov-96  20:31:16
Sb: #602814-<Z'Ha'Dum - Praise>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks, much appreciated.

    01-Nov-96  19:30:16
Sb: #602741-#<Z'Ha'Dum - Praise>
Fm: JONATHAN KASS

In all my other gushing, I forgot another of my favorite moments of this
story... the intercutting of Sheridan's message to Delenn with the other events
was simply PERFECT... IMHO, this was head and shoulders above the technique in
"Rock", and it was pretty darn good there... just the right amount of
information, combined with Bruce B. giving just the right reading, so that we
only realize Sheridan's motives at the right moment in his meeting...

brilliant... great... my d*** VCR stopped taping about 10 minutes in, have to
wait till sunday nite to tape it again, argh!

 #: 603091 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    01-Nov-96  20:31:18
Sb: #603062-<Z'Ha'Dum - Praise>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks...I appreciate it.

                                                                    jms

   heading, story-wise. ]

 #: 603092 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    01-Nov-96  20:31:24
Sb: #602856-<<great chess game ?>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Well, starting from the death of Kosh, we've been in the myth cycle. That
now has to play itself out.

      And thanks.

    01-Nov-96  16:21:20
Sb: #602976-#JMS Hospital rumor FALSE
Fm: KEVIN P. KENNEY

One of the moderators of Usenet traced the rumor back and has given it a low
credability rating.  Thus I removed my original post, for now.

I always thought jms might pull a Jim Henson (sp?)... workaholics... yeesh...

Wellness wished for all,
KpK

 #: 603185 S5/Babylon 5: General
    02-Nov-96  00:20:29
Sb: #603019-#JMS Hospital rumor FALSE
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Kevin: by reposting this information in any form whatsoever, you have
contributed grief to my life.  The stage was flooded with phone calls while I
was at the editing bays about this.

      There is this crummy logic in internetdom which says, "since information
is power, my status can increase the faster I can get info out to others."

      This kind of rumor is hurtful.  It causes me grief in running it down; it
tied up the switchboard at work; it harrassed many people at work.

      Understand this absolutely clearly: if anything ever does happen, I have
people at the stage who will post specific and precise information.  If ever
you see a rumor about this, you know *instantly* that it's not true, because if
it were true, it would come instantly from those involved, and you wouldn't
have to HEAR it from any other source.

      The original poster was bad enough; reposting gossip, rumors or other
nonsense is just as bad.  You should never have posted it in the first place;
many people cited your message as the reason they were tying up our
switchboard.

      Never, ever do this to me again.

      Am I perfectly, crystal clear?

                                                                    jms

   a 10. ]

 #: 603186 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    02-Nov-96  00:20:31
Sb: #602858-<Z>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"I'm still low, because I still want to go up from here. How Joe will do it is
beyond me."

      What, there can only be one 10 in four years?

                                                                    jms

 [ NOTE: Pilot + three seasons = four years.  Don't start any rumors now,
   please.  :-) -- Brent ]

   Garibaldi and she's going to use it somehow to rescue Sheridan. ]

 #: 603187 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    02-Nov-96  00:20:33
Sb: #602742-<<Z - Sheridan>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Nope.

                                                                    jms

   let the other races battle it out for dominance. ]

 #: 603416 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    02-Nov-96  13:54:04
Sb: #603347-Z Questions, Comment
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Well, look what happened when the shadows came out and attacked a couple
of places...first they did so without anyone knowing it was them doing it, as
we've shown.  So now everyone's running around like ants, scurrying for cover
and trying to figure out what the hell's going on, accusing one another...then
the Centauri got the credit/blame for it, causing further conflict...then they
came out and sent everyone scurrying again, some to make alliances they thought
would protect themselves (and thus enable them to make war on their neighbors,
as shown), only to have that fall apart and they turn on themselves/each other.