JMS on CompuServe (Nov 06, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS* 2/2

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Wed Nov 6 22:30:59 EST 1996

 [ Continued from previous section -- BB ]

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/

    Sb: #605722-<Z'Ha'Dum - Praise>
    Sb: #605723-#>>ZHD - Thoughts<<

   thinks: ". . . what I got out of the episode was the fearsome combination
   of anger and despair -- catalyzed by his innate bravery -- that sent our
   hero to [Z'Ha'Dum]." ]

 #: 605747 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    06-Nov-96  00:02:05
Sb: #605722-<Z'Ha'Dum - Praise>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      That sounds about right.  Thanks.

    05-Nov-96  22:52:10
Sb: #605649-#>>ZHD - Thoughts<<
Fm: SCOTT BAKER

So is it safe to assume that the third age of mankind is wrapped up in this
somehow?

I'm thinking it has something to do with Sheridan redeeming the
Vorlons/Minbari.  It appears that your setting him up as some sort of messanic
figure, much as Valen was and Delenn appears to be.  However, what is
interesting is that this messiah (Delenn) has been as guilty as the Vorlons in
forgetting which path she was choosing, and I see a major reconcilliation in
her future.

One other thought I had this evening.  Every race we've encountered so far
either leans towards one side or the other, except humans.  We seam to be
heading down both at the same time, full speed ahead.   In theology, this dual
path is considered part of our free will, but there comes a point in time where
we must decide as a whole which way to go or face a really big train wreck of a
crisis of self.

As I write this, I begin to wonder, are we seeing to some degree your own
thoughts and/or strugles with divinity/God/existance, or have you tried to keep
those out of this?  I know this is a highly personal question, and if you
choose not to answer, I respect that wish.  Irregardless, you have done a
wonderful job with this show, it has been a VERY long time since TV got me to
think and analyize it so, for that, thank you with all my heart.

--Scott

 #: 605748 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    06-Nov-96  00:02:07
Sb: #605723-#>>ZHD - Thoughts<<
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I don't know if any of it is so much my thoughts on these areas, as the
questions I think we all have to look at.  My thoughts on their own wouldn't
light up a cheap flashlight.