JMS on CompuServe (Nov 08, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Fri Nov 8 21:16:33 EST 1996

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/

    Sb: #606468-1,000 Years
    Sb: #606405-#<<WOLF IS EPIC!!>>
    Sb: #606855-<HotW - 2 planets>
    Sb: #606957-<Hour of Wolf - No nits>
    Sb: #607256-<<Hour Packed>>

   impression that they are only a thousand years ahead of the other
   races technologically. ]

 #: 606873 S5/Babylon 5: General
    07-Nov-96  19:34:04
Sb: #606468-1,000 Years
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Actually, the shadows are *much* older technologically than a thousand
years...that's just what Anna promised Sheridan we could jump ahead, between 1
and 10,000 years.  They're profoundly older than that.

                                                                    jms

   the story's going to turn out and is frustrated that it only comes in
   weekly installments. ]

 #: 606874 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    07-Nov-96  19:34:06
Sb: #606405-#<<WOLF IS EPIC!!>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yeah, I almost wouldn't worry too much about the background stuff; this
season starts some new threads that should be pretty easy for a newbie to jump
into.

      Enjoy the ride....

    07-Nov-96  19:09:56
Sb: #<HotW - 2 planets>
Fm: BURHAAN  AHMAD

AAARGH!  I have to wait even longer to discover poor Garibaldi's fate?  How
sadistic of you!

Anyway, I've got a question.  I was thinking of Z'ha'dum and Epsilon 3.  Both
are apparently antient worlds.  Both have (had) a sprawling underground
complex.  Both have a "bottomless" pit.

So, is there a parallel between the two worlds, or am I seeing things?
Was that alien at the end of the ep Zathras' opposite number?

 #: 606875 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    07-Nov-96  19:34:07
Sb: #606855-<HotW - 2 planets>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Nope.

    07-Nov-96  23:03:09
Sb: #<Hour of Wolf - No nits>
Fm: COLIN GLASSEY

Joe,

The new season starts out on a very high note.  A most impressive episode.

The key idea: you can only tell how important someone is by their absence. This
episode points that out clearly.  By having Sheridan off stage, everyone has to
deal with his loss and grow accordingly (or fail to).

I really thought Morden's performance was super.  I'm not sure why.  Was there
a note of humanity in his lines this time?  More than before perhaps, when he
merely looked human.  It was interesting to hear him demonstrate a basic
understanding of Londo's nature.

Very nice touch with Pat's eyes.  Effective, chilling.

About the opening... I like it a lot, democracy in action.  The story we see in
Babylon 5 isn't just one hero's story, its everyone's story.

Best wishes for the remainder of Season 4.
-- Colin Glassey

 #: 606965 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    08-Nov-96  00:16:10
Sb: #606957-<Hour of Wolf - No nits>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks.  RE: the opening...exactly.  The B5 story is told from everyone's
point of view, and they're all a part of it, so the opening now reflects that.
And it gives me the chance to do an opening that's sort of a prose poem, which
is a nice touch.

                                                                    jms

   and Sheridan are now trying, in different ways, to keep Centauri Prime
   from the fire that awaits it in the future. ]

 #: 607312 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    08-Nov-96  14:40:41
Sb: #607256-<<Hour Packed>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks.  And yeah, it's fun and interesting to see Londo now having to
deal with being in a sense on the same side as Sheridan, but for vastly
different reasons.