JMS on CompuServe (Nov 09, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Sat Nov 9 19:21:10 EST 1996

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/

    Sb: #607574-#<<Hour Packed>>
    Sb: #607579-<<Londo's Dream>>
    Sb: #607588-Drazispeak
    Sb: #607850-Some general questions
    Sb: #607788-<<Hour Packed>>
    Sb: #607851-<HotW> Wonderful

 #: 607574 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    08-Nov-96  21:01:35
Sb: #605064-#<<Hour Packed>>
Fm: RICHARD E. COUTURE

Joe:

Speaking of stringing us on.  I had figured that you would leave the question
if Sheridan was dead or alive open for at least one ep.
Are you getting soft on us<g>, or was there a reason to give us the information
here?

Rich

 #: 607596 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    08-Nov-96  22:05:06
Sb: #607574-#<<Hour Packed>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      To not do so would've been vastly unfair.  And it nicely replaces one
mystery, is or isn't he, with "who the heck is THAT?"

    08-Nov-96  21:16:51
Sb: #<<Londo's Dream>>
Fm: JOE SALEMI [ZD NET]

Joe,

I remember way back when that you said you told Peter J. the "context" for his
dream, so he would act it out properly, and that you said he was "astonished."

So, now that we've seen most (maybe all?) of Londo's dream come to pass, how's
Peter feel about the trip from there to here?  Still astonished? <g>

 #: 607597 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    08-Nov-96  22:05:08
Sb: #607579-<<Londo's Dream>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      He's pleased, let's put it that way.

    08-Nov-96  21:46:27
Sb: #Drazispeak
Fm: BURHAAN  AHMAD

Joe, why are the Drazi now speaking in complete sentences?

 #: 607598 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    08-Nov-96  22:05:10
Sb: #607588-Drazispeak
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Ambassadors have been learning as they've gone along; I took the notion
that the higher ups didn't have that much contact with humans, so their grasp
of english was halting at best, but over 4 years, they've gotten better.  The
grunts/lower echelons, though, are still marginal at best.

                                                                    jms

   Babylon 5.  Also, wonders if there are plans to have theatrical
   releases of Babylon 5 movies. ]

 #: 607880 S5/Babylon 5: General
    09-Nov-96  14:30:01
Sb: #607850-Some general questions
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I don't have any bitmaps per se of the doors, though there is a door like
image on the B5 web page, www.thestation.com based on our doors (as I recall).

      We may do some TV movies to expand upon the arc, show things we couldn't
show in the series for budget reasons, but nothing cinematic planned.

    09-Nov-96  10:00:10
Sb: #607596-#<<Hour Packed>>
Fm: JOHN L. CREIGH

 >       To not do so would've been vastly unfair.  And it nicely
 > replaces one mystery, is or isn't he, with "who the heck is THAT?"

A somewhat annoyed Soul Hunter?

Regards, John

 #: 607881 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    09-Nov-96  14:30:03
Sb: #607788-<<Hour Packed>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Nope.

    09-Nov-96  13:43:43
Sb: #<HotW> Wonderful
Fm: ELYSE M. GRASSO

Joe --

This was a wonderful episode, with enough plot and character for 3 ordinary
shows.

Stuff I especially liked:

Eyes... lots of eyes, not just Lyta and the Shadow and Londo's prophecy. Are we
shifting from hands to eyes as a theme?

Morden, who is definitely a few cards short of a full deck at the moment. I
find myself wondering if anyone as Nietschean (I tried spelling that 3
different ways and none of them look right) as the Shadows bothers with little
things like painkillers and anesthetics during reconstructive surgery.

Calligula/Cartagia. And his 'friends': that scene seemed to echo the
SoulHunter. And his eyes are strange-- either he doesn't blink normally or he's
not focussing properly, and the whites tend to show all the way around. Great
job by the actor.

The Minister. Does he have a name, or is he so swallowed up in his identity as
a palace functionary that he doesn't need one? I remember thinking the last
time we saw him that his joke about the key revealed a certain uneasiness with
the status quo. I don't think the word 'innocence' suggested in one of the
other threads really applies, since he obviously knows even more about what is
going on than he revealed to Londo, but he's a survivor, and matters of Power
aren't his department. Getting the drycleaning done, is, though...

G'Kar in Garibaldi's hat. And the 'Egyptian God of Frustration': a joke that's
more true than the literal truth might be....

Three little drinks in case the wolf brought cubs.... "But it doesn't work."

The dropping of command responsibility, followed by:

 "Who are you?"
 "Who are you?"
 "How did I get here?"
 "You were born."
 "Why am I here?
 "Well, that is the question, isn't it?"

Ye gods and little fishes, Joe, when you go mythic, you don't mess around. That
exchange had me yelling "Yes!" at the screen, to my cat's great confusion.

Looking forward to next week, but wondering how many eyes G'Kar will have the
week after.

-- Elyse M. Grasso

 #: 607882 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    09-Nov-96  14:30:06
Sb: #607851-<HotW> Wonderful
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yes, the last piece there is kind of the key, isn't it?

      I've always kept the minister just that, no name, for the reasons you
cite.  This is someone wh's a survivor, who bends with the wind, and somehow
keeps going by not being noticed, or taken seriously.

      And yes, this season I was noticing that eyes have become a predominant
image, from Lyta to the shadows to Lorien to some stuff coming in the next few
episodes...funny, how this stuff creeps up on you.