JMS on CompuServe (Nov 12, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Tue Nov 12 22:49:27 EST 1996

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/

    Sb: #608829-Sheridans Mistake
    Sb: #608862-<The Hour Of The Wolf>
    Sb: #608864-#captain's bar in "wolf"
    Sb: #609037-<Hour/Confirm?>
    Sb: #609165-Orientation
    Sb: #609183-#<The Hour Of The Wolf>
    Sb: #609304-Season Four
    Sb: #609332-Emperor's Journey
    Sb: #609442-<Garibaldi History>
    Sb: #609450-<<WHT Mr. Garibaldi?>>
    Sb: #609291-hour of the wolf/etc
    Sb: #609380-Women's role in SF & B5

 #: 608829 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    11-Nov-96  04:33:04
Sb: #608639-#Sheridans Mistake
Fm: MICHAEL  ZITAGLIO

A guy called Joe,

<Maybe he did...maybe he didn't.>

You do this on purpose don't you?  DONT YOU!
By the way, I bought a box of the new B5 cards and in every pack I kept getting
a card with some guy in glasses with a beard. Haven't seen him in the show
though. And to boot, some jerk in the card factory scribbled on one of
them....so I  threw that one out.  The nerve of these guys.

Mike

 #: 609242 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    11-Nov-96  18:09:34
Sb: #608829-Sheridans Mistake
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Hey, those cards are going for $300 a pop now...if you're going to toss
'em, let others know where....

                                                                       jms

 #: 609243 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    11-Nov-96  18:09:35
Sb: #608862-<The Hour Of The Wolf>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       In the past, we've tried to keep them canon in the broad strokes, though
in the details things fall out.  The new batch, though, are being kept much
closer to continuity....

    11-Nov-96  07:04:47
Sb: #608806-#captain's bar in "wolf"
Fm: DAVE VINCENT

>It's not a captain's bar it's a stat bar (gold for command, gold and silver
for command/administrative liaison, red for medical, green for security), and
it's Sheridan's.<

Is Ivanova's stat bar gold and silver or (as I saw it) gold and green?

Regards,
Dave

 #: 609244 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    11-Nov-96  18:09:35
Sb: #608864-#captain's bar in "wolf"
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Gold and silver.

    11-Nov-96  13:29:26
Sb: #<Hour/Confirm?>
Fm: GOPHER

So was that a Soul Hunter in the end of "Hour" or not?  If not, why was he
wearing the same headpiece?

 #: 609245 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    11-Nov-96  18:09:36
Sb: #609037-<Hour/Confirm?>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       No, and it's not the same headpiece; the soul hunter had a single jewel
implanted in his head, nothing else.  This is more crown-like, and has an
actual headpiece.

                                                                       jms

   homosexuality "as long as it's depiction doesn't involve the main
   storyline or if the homosexual is "converted" or dies in the end."  She
   is also disappointed that the lesbian relationship in season two involved
   bisexuals and not true homosexuals. ]

 #: 609246 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Nov-96  18:09:37
Sb: #609165-Orientation
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       In 2261, nobody much worries about categorizing people as one thing or
another...some can move in and out of various kinds of relationships and no one
thinks of it one way or another.  There is no political agenda here, or saying
"you are this, and if you do that, you're not this anymore," or conversion, or
anything of the sort.

       One can only wish that were more true today.

                                                                       jms

 #: 609247 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    11-Nov-96  18:09:41
Sb: #609183-#<The Hour Of The Wolf>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       CGI is specifically graphics generated on a computer, usually 2d or 3d
animation.  Roto work like the streams from Lyta's eyes are done by hand, frame
by frame.

    11-Nov-96  19:21:33
Sb: #608524-#Season Four
Fm: RAY PELZER

Which reminds me, are you nearly ready to give us the new "season title"?

Haven't seen WEH2MrG yet, but HotW was just....... just......  WOW.

 #: 609575 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    12-Nov-96  12:10:40
Sb: #609304-Season Four
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       When I'm ready....

    11-Nov-96  20:23:08
Sb: #Emperor's Journey
Fm: ROWAN KAISER

Has Emperor Carpaggia (sp?)  made his visit to Narn yet? (as of HotW)

 #: 609576 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    12-Nov-96  12:10:41
Sb: #609332-Emperor's Journey
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Not yet.

    12-Nov-96  04:01:48
Sb: #<Garibaldi History>
Fm: TIMOTHY C SCHELL

Joe,

Garibaldi's disappearance has made me think about him more than I have in a few
months.  I am a little confused on some points and I'm hoping you can help me.

1.  Sequence of Garibaldi's life before coming aboard B5.  I'm thinking it goes
something like this:    Garibaldi serves in the Earth-Minbari War
        Garibaldi serves in EF security on Mars
        Garibaldi is chief of security on Io's surface where he meets the
Kemmers
        Garibaldi drops into a severe alchoholic episode and returns to Mars as
a shuttle pilot
        Garibaldi meets Jeff Sinclair as when Shadow ship is excavated on Mars

Is this in the correct order?  Am I leaving out something?

2.  Garibaldi and the PsiCorps base on Syria Planum.    Garibaldi and Sinclair
discovered a secret PsiCorps installation when they first met on Mars.  Was
this the base at Syria Planum or is that another installation altogether?  I
seem to remember Garibaldi referring to investigating the Syria Planum
base....did he make further inquiries or was the story just to coverup  how he
first discovered PsiCorps activities?

3.  Was Garibaldi's flirtatiousness with Talia genuine or a ploy to keep close
to her without arousing the mole personality's suspicion?

Reviewing the episodes and the comics, it's almost surprising the PsiCorps or
the Shadows haven't abducted Mr. Garibaldi before now.

I know that you have many important things to type, especially new episodes,
but any clarification would be welcome.

Tim

 #: 609577 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    12-Nov-96  12:10:42
Sb: #609442-<Garibaldi History>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Sounds about right.

                                                                       jms

   up until 11:30pm to watch the show a few days early in her town. ]

 #: 609578 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    12-Nov-96  12:10:45
Sb: #609450-<<WHT Mr. Garibaldi?>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       That's great, thanks....

                                                                       jms

 #: 609704 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    12-Nov-96  16:07:18
Sb: #609291-hour of the wolf/etc
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Thanks...it's a great start.

                                                                       jms

   Hour of the Wolf," but thinks it was interesting that Lennier, a male,
   had to save them. ]

 #: 609705 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    12-Nov-96  16:07:19
Sb: #609380-Women's role in SF & B5
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Actually, the ship was what technically saved them...Lennier also began
to fall under the influence of the shadow voice, as we saw.  There was some
forethought on his part, but the ship activated itself on timer.