Sci-Fi Universe Awards-Congrats to Mira Furlan & Peter Jurasik

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Mon Oct 21 06:12:21 EDT 1996

Subject: Sci-Fi Universe Awards-Congrats to Mira Furlan & Peter Jurasik
s  1: Oct 19, 1996: Chuck Fullerton <sdjpe at atl.mindspring.com>
+  2: Oct 19, 1996: tomr at fred.net ( )
*  3: Oct 20, 1996: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

From: Chuck Fullerton <sdjpe at atl.mindspring.com>

    I have just spend an annoying half-hour on the Sci-Fi Universe
site (http://www.scifiu.com/) trying to wrest the names of the winners
of the Sci-Fi Universe Readers Choice Awards from this annoying mess of a
site. So far, good news in two categories:

             -Mira Furlan has WON the award for Best Supporting Actress
in a Genre Series
             -Peter Jurasik has WON in the category of Best Supporting
Actor in a Genre Series

             Congrats to Ms. Furlan and Mr. Jurasik!

             However, I have had no luck thus far finding out who the
winners were in the other categories: Best Actor in a Genre Series,
Best Actress, Best Genre Series. I fully expect the media darling X-Files
to win the Best Series gold, but hey, you never know. It is also not clear
at this time whether JMS won the Editors Choice Award for Outstanding
Achievement in Science Fiction Writing. If anyone has this information,
could they please pass it along? I'm sure we would all be thrilled if B5
was able to score an upset victory over X-Files. (email if you prefer.)
Thanks!

            -Chuck

From: tomr at fred.net ( )

Chuck Fullerton (sdjpe at atl.mindspring.com) wrote:
:
[...]

B5 won with Best Genre FX.

B5 lost to XF for Best Genre Series.

B5 lost to Space:AAB for best writing?!?!

TomR at fred.Net
http://www.fred.net/tomr

From: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

Peter Jurasik won for Best Supporting Actor, and Bruce won for Best Actor.

The web site got it wrong; B5 won for Best Series, not X-Files...an error
which was repeated onstage, as one of the presenters read the name
X-Files, which was on the prompter, even though the card in his hand read
B5.  This led to a very embarrassing moment for a poor X-Files fellow who
went up there to accept, only to have it taken away.

Mira, btw, was never notified of her nomination, or invited to the awards.