JMS on CompuServe (Oct 22, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Tue Oct 22 14:39:17 EDT 1996

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/

    Sb: #596212-#BABYLON 5 SEASON FINALE
    Sb: #596489-#Speaking of Season Four

   the U.K. is most likely to start airing year four of Babylon 5. ]

 #: 596562 S7/Babylon 5 in the UK
    21-Oct-96  13:43:54
Sb: #596212-#BABYLON 5 SEASON FINALE
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Here's how to work this out, for the earliest possible start date for S4
in the UK.  This may not be what actually works out, I'm not committing C4 to
anything here, only indicating the *earliest* it could theoretically be done.

       We finish shooting May 5th.  It takes about 52 days to finish post
production on a given episode.  Figure 2 months, round it off.  That's July 5th
for delivery on 422.  Maybe add a week or two just to allow for glitches.  So
now July 19th.  We have to allow C4 to go through the episodes for censor
purposes, and that takes about another couple/three weeks, so now we're at the
end of July/first week of August.  That becomes now the earliest you can
conceivably air 422.

       So now you just do the math: 22 weeks from the first week of August
would mean that March 10th or 17th would be the absolute earliest that the show
could debut.  If they wanted to build in a cushion to prevent any possible
conflicts, then the ideal date would be around the first week of April.

       But, again, I don't speak for C4, or their prior scheduling
committments, I'm just backtracking to when it would be feasible from a
production standpoint.

    21-Oct-96  12:10:25
Sb: #Speaking of Season Four
Fm: BRENT BARRETT

>>      And speaking of putting things like rocks in plain sight...watch this
episode again after you've seen the first 3-4 episodes of year 4.  There's a
certain irony going on here.

                                                                    jms<<

Joe,

Speaking of the new season, what episode is filming currently?  And which
one(s) are you finishing up post work on these days?  Do you still feel good
about all of them?  Do they still have that "film" quality of which you spoke
earlier?

Thanks,

  -- Brent

 #: 596752 S5/Babylon 5: General
    21-Oct-96  18:40:44
Sb: #596489-#Speaking of Season Four
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Yeah, feel great about the new eps.  We're currently shooting #6, and we
have scripts in hand through #10.  We've delivered 1 and 2, and will finish the
audio mix on 3 next week.  John and I go in to edit 3 on Wednesday.  The feel
of it is quite extraordinary.