ATTN:JMS LEGAL RESPONSIBILITIES

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Mon Sep 9 06:11:19 EDT 1996

Subject: ATTN:JMS LEGAL RESPONSIBILITIES
s  1: Sep  8, 1996: Tracy Wilborn <twilborn at zianet.com>
*  2: Sep  8, 1996: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

From: Tracy Wilborn <twilborn at zianet.com>

It just happened again tonight!  Something that really torques my shorts out
of place so I thought I'd see if you know anything about the legal
resonsibliities, that a station playing B5, has in respect to playing the
credits at the end of the show.

I know this might sound a little anal to some, but the station that I get B5
through (KFOX El Paso, TX) cuts the credits off before they're done.  I
wouldn't complain if it was a once-in-a-while thing but this station
habitually does this.  Tonight they did one of their *extra-specials*, they
played the very first credit (I believe that it is either yours, Joe or Doug
Netter's, I'm not sure right now) and then cut to commercial.  No promo for
next week, No list of characters and the people that played them, None of the
technical people.  I like to know who these people are and it just doesn't
feel like a complete show without the credits and Christopher Franke's
soundtrack!  Hell, they've gone so far as to start the show a already a few
seconds into it.  It's not like it's been preempted by a football game that
ran long, they just started the program already into it.  I have one episode
that I actually had to freeze-frame a set of credits that had not come all
the way up (they were very dim) just to have a list of people that were on
the show that week.

They gotta be breaking some kind of law otherwise what's the point of putting
credits on the end of any program.  Just thought you should know and I hope
you have some suggestions about what can be done about it.

Tracy

PS.  Congratulation on the Hugo!  I wish I could've been there.

--
"There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man.
It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

                                               -- Rod Serling

From: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

Stations are required to show credits; often they don't.  We complain, we
get ignored.  It's vastly annoying.