JMS on CompuServe (Sep 30, 1996) * FINAL FIVE SPOILERS *

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Mon Sep 30 14:46:12 EDT 1996

 The following posts DO contain SPOILERS for

 This SPECIAL section of "JMS on CompuServe"
 posts contains spoilers for the Final Five
 episodes of season three.

 This SPECIAL section of "JMS on CompuServe"
 posts contains spoilers for the Final Five
 episodes of season three.

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/

    Sb: #584622-#<Sheridans survival>
    Sb: #584462-<<Z'Ha'Dum questions>>
    Sb: #584425-#<Delenn and Sheridan>
    Sb: #584572-#<ep22 question>
    Sb: #584465-Those final words .....
    Sb: #584609-#<<Z'ha'dum - sneaky!!>>
    Sb: #584508-#Double Bluff <<Z'hadum>>
    Sb: #584838-<Sheridans survival>
    Sb: #584732-<ep22 question>
    Sb: #584733-Double Bluff <<Z'hadum>>
    Sb: #584743-Double Bluff <<Z'hadum>>

 #: 584622 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    29-Sep-96  14:34:02
Sb: #584240-#<Sheridans survival>
Fm: DAVID KUHN

""
   Sheridan definitely cannot fly.
""

Joe, I just saw "Z'Ha'Dum" friday night.  WOW!  I couldn't sleep that night at
all.  Anyway.  How could Sheridan pick up enough terminal velosity to reach
that hole before the White Star blew and released 1 - 1.2 gigatons of nuclear
devistation?  It didn't look as if he had enough time to fall before the big
<Boom>.

Loved the episode, wow, did I love it.  Now I have to wait till the October
28th Satelite feed for a new epsiode??!!

Dave

 #: 584689 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    29-Sep-96  15:45:02
Sb: #584622-#<Sheridans survival>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Well, if you hadn't spoiled yourself, you could enjoy new episodes NOW
with the rest of the country, starting this week, but noooooo, you had to go
and jump the gun, well you've made your bed, young man, now you have to sleep
in it.

      And there are shadows underneath it.

      Sleep tight.

                                                                    jms

   or there by choice. ]

 #: 584690 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    29-Sep-96  15:45:04
Sb: #584462-<<Z'Ha'Dum questions>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Depends on your definition, but basically, they were there as part of
this cult...but any good cult leader knows you should make it just a *bit* hard
for them to get out.

    29-Sep-96  06:46:26
Sb: #<Delenn and Sheridan>
Fm: MICHAEL  ZITAGLIO

Hi,

        I think that the idea of watching your potential partner sleep is just
wounderful.  The true face appearing really reached inside of me. Did you
create that idea or was it taken from some other religion or philosophy?   I
also liked that minister giving he sermon.  His homily was very inspirational.
Too many of us get too caught up in things.  Man, for someone who is an
atheist,  you sure got a pretty good grasp on those kind of things.

MIke

 #: 584691 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    29-Sep-96  15:45:07
Sb: #584425-#<Delenn and Sheridan>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      As far as I *know*, at least, that bit about seeing your true face
revealed as you sleep is something I came up with on my own.  There's just
something I like about it, and if you've ever watched someone's face while
they're sleeping, you understand.

      Though one person did comment, "So a man's true face is all mushed up
against the pillow and drooling?"

      We don't talk anymore.

                                                                    jms

   were real Shadows or just servants. ]

 #: 584693 S7/Babylon 5 in the UK
    29-Sep-96  15:45:11
Sb: #584572-#<ep22 question>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, those were definitely shadows.

                                                                    jms

   final voice-over by G'Kar at Wolf 359.  The poster goes on to say that
   he and a friend turned to the balcony where JMS stood and did a "we're
   not worthy" salute to him. Wonders if the reaction at Wolf made him
   feel better about how the final version would be accepted. ]

 #: 584694 S7/Babylon 5 in the UK
    29-Sep-96  15:45:13
Sb: #584465-Those final words .....
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      It left me rather optimistic, yes...and generally quite pleased.  I
wanted to sneak a peek at the reaction without being seen...until somebody put
the camera on me.  Suddenly I felt like Mussolini standing in the balcony about
to address a crowd, and moved away as soon as I could.

                                                                    jms

 #: 584609 S7/Babylon 5 in the UK
    29-Sep-96  13:30:28
Sb: #<<Z'ha'dum - sneaky!!>>
Fm: ARWEL PARRY

Joe,

It was only on my 6th viewing of "Z'ha'dum" today (the S4C transmission) that I
noticed that when Kosh appears in the mirror behind Sheridan, he says "If you
go to Z'ha'dum, will you die?" rather than "... you will die". Were you telling
us that even the Vorlons don't know everything, or setting us up for eight
months of uncertainty and doubt? <g> ...or were you just seeing how many of us
would hear what was actually said rather than what we _expected_ to hear?

Arwel

 #: 584695 S7/Babylon 5 in the UK
    29-Sep-96  15:45:15
Sb: #584609-#<<Z'ha'dum - sneaky!!>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, he says "you will die."  Very odd...check it again.  We used the same
audio track from before.

                                                                    jms

   where the Shadows vessel happened to be. ]

 #: 584702 S7/Babylon 5 in the UK
    29-Sep-96  16:00:56
Sb: #584508-#Double Bluff <<Z'hadum>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Nope, there was a very specific reason why Garibaldi was picked up, and
there's a suggestion of it in what Justin says at one point to Sheridan.

    29-Sep-96  19:29:38
Sb: #584689-#<Sheridans survival>
Fm: SYSOP DUPA T PARROT

>> well you've made your bed, young man, now you have to sleep in it.
And there are shadows underneath it. Sleep tight. <<

Now the next question is...

Do Shadows go "bump" in the night?

Or are they more of a "ping"? <g>

 #: 584875 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    29-Sep-96  21:40:34
Sb: #584838-<Sheridans survival>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      They're silent.

      That's what makes them so scary.

      If you hear them, you're fine, but if you hear *nothing*....

                                                                    jms

   Shadows. ]

 #: 584876 S7/Babylon 5 in the UK
    29-Sep-96  21:40:36
Sb: #584732-<ep22 question>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      They're also in the main title, and we've seen them before elsewhere
several times.

                                                                    jms

   Sheridan's "support mechanism" meant destroying Babylon 5 and not taking
   Mr. Garibaldi. ]

 [ NOTE: The question was worded in such a way that JMS' answer is typically
   Vorlonesque and says absolutely nothing definitively. -- BB ]

 #: 584877 S7/Babylon 5 in the UK
    29-Sep-96  21:40:39
Sb: #584733-Double Bluff <<Z'hadum>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      That's correct.

                                                                    jms

 #: 584743 S7/Babylon 5 in the UK
    29-Sep-96  16:51:37
Sb: #584702-#Double Bluff <<Z'hadum>>
Fm: DARRAN WILLIAMS

>>       Nope, there was a very specific reason why Garibaldi was picked up,
and there's a suggestion of it in what Justin says at one point to Sheridan. <<

Time to drag out the video again.

Question: I don't know whether anyone has already asked this but was Justin a
crew member of the Icarus ?  If it was mentioned in Z'Ha'Dum I apologise but
I've not had time to rewatch the episode yet.

Darran...

 #: 584878 S7/Babylon 5 in the UK
    29-Sep-96  21:40:41
Sb: #584743-Double Bluff <<Z'hadum>>