JMS on CompuServe (Apr 14, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Mon Apr 14 17:32:48 EDT 1997

   ftp://ftp.johndelenn.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
  ######       Support Babylon 5!       ######
  ##      To get a fifth season of this ##
   # ###    wonderful epic, we need to   # ###
     . ## let local stations and Warner    . ##
  ##   ##   Brothers know we want it!   ##   ##
   #####   www.babylon5.com/cmp/support  #####

    Sb: #662353-#Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
    Sb: #662310-Women in the Sequel
    Sb: #662387-Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
    Sb: #662425-#Women in the Sequel
    Sb: #662473-#"Illusions of Truth"

 #: 662353 S5/Babylon 5: General
    13-Apr-97  11:12:32
Sb: #662291-#Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Fm: JEAN S MCKNIGHT

"That's a Kinesis keyboard..."

        Thanks-- found the Kinesis website (http://www.dmb-ergonomics.com/) and
aside from the price the little critter looks pretty appealing. What do you do
for a mouse, though? Seems like it would kind of negate the comfort of having
the board in your lap if you have to keep lunging for the mouse on the desktop.

 And how DO you handle the keyboard in your lap- do you have an extra long
cord, or a cordless adapter? (can't tell from the picture, and believe me, I've
looked at it a LOT <G>).

                                        Jean McKnight

 #: 662440 S5/Babylon 5: General
    13-Apr-97  17:28:44
Sb: #662353-#Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I still have to use a standard mouse, though I hate a mousepad, so I
usually just run it on the top of my leg.

      The keyboard cable is pretty standard, and should probably be longer. I
just keep it in my lap, on a lap-cat (a keyboard cushion), and sit back and
type my little brains out.

    13-Apr-97  06:47:33
Sb: #662236-#Women in the Sequel
Fm: ERIC BAKER

JMS --
        Thanks.  I'd be curious to see what story you could tell that would
require a 100% cast, either way.
        Still, if the story sets the gender of the speaking parts, there are
still the extras.  If I recall correctly, didn't you change casting directors
between the first and second seasons and wasn't one of the reasons an effort to
get more "cultural diversity" into the casting?
                -- Eric

 #: 662441 S5/Babylon 5: General
    13-Apr-97  17:28:47
Sb: #662310-Women in the Sequel
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yes, there we noticed a lapse because the show was getting (and still
tends to be) a little too white-bread for my tastes, though we've gotten a bit
better lately.

    13-Apr-97  13:01:59
Sb: #662372-#Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Fm: JEAN S MCKNIGHT

Thanks, Scott! I have both shoulder/neck pain and carpal tunnel troubles,
perhaps because I so often neglect to take the recommended semi-annual
ten-minute breaks away from my computer (look, here I am in front of it right
now, come to think of it).  The thing you describe sounds promising- I'll hunt
for it. Now if I could just get one of those on one a Dvorak lap-dwelling
carpal-friendly keyboard I'd be all set. . . though then what would my excuse
for getting so little done be?

                                Jean McKnight

 #: 662480 S5/Babylon 5: General
    13-Apr-97  23:11:44
Sb: #662387-Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      BTW, before I forget, try checking out www.datahand.com for another kind
of keyboard, the one I just ordered.  Can't vouch for it yet, because I haven't
tried it and am trying this on faith, but it's a completely radical new design
that was initially made for the Post Office, and is now being sold
commercially.

                                                                    jms

   the cast of the sequel was the result of a political agenda on the part
   of the original poster. ]

 #: 662481 S5/Babylon 5: General
    13-Apr-97  23:11:46
Sb: #662425-#Women in the Sequel
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Okay, kids, stop fighting or I'll turn this car *right* around and we'll
go home.

                                                                    jms

   who the third person named in the list of co-conspirators was. ]

 #: 662482 S8/Babylon 5: Social
    13-Apr-97  23:25:18
Sb: #662473-#"Illusions of Truth"
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I am definitely *not* anti-reporter...I'm against the *control* of truth
by any government or political agenda.  We are made stronger by a multiplicity
of voices, and the more those voices are allowed access to a level playing
field, the more often the truth will come out to play.

      The third name was Jarrico, after Paul Jarrico, also blacklisted.