JMS on CompuServe (Apr 28, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Mon Apr 28 23:14:40 EDT 1997

   ftp://ftp.johndelenn.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
  ######       Support Babylon 5!       ######
  ##      To get a fifth season of this ##
   # ###    wonderful epic, we need to   # ###
     . ## let local stations and Warner    . ##
  ##   ##   Brothers know we want it!   ##   ##
   #####   www.babylon5.com/cmp/support  #####

    Sb: #665124-Battleground Earth ?
    Sb: #665258-Query: Sheridan & Delenn
    Sb: #665297->>Racing Mars<< worries
    Sb: #665282-Sinclair--->Delenn
    Sb: B5 Fan Club Note (jms)

   Earth." ]

 #: 665298 S2/Star Trek: General
    27-Apr-97  20:41:19
Sb: #665124-Battleground Earth ?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      It ain't a ST series, it's a different show entirely.

      Came out of Majel's vault, and apparently they're going to have to change
the name to avoid any conflicts with Scientology and Battlefield Earth.

      They'd asked if I'd be interested in running it, but I declined.  I think
they've now got Rick Okie, from Renegade, on as show-runner/writer basing the
series on the provided material.

                                                                    jms

 #: 665301 S5/Babylon 5: General
    27-Apr-97  20:47:33
Sb: #665258-Query: Sheridan & Delenn
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"Why is it that the romance between Sheridan and Delenn always seems to reach
it's... epitomy when there is large quantities of destructive force in play?"

      Maybe that's when we most need someone to hold....

                                                                    jms

   acting like angels?" ]

 #: 665302 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    27-Apr-97  20:47:35
Sb: #665297->>Racing Mars<< worries
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, but that (the vorlon question) is a philosophical issue.  You hardly
ever run into problems there...what kills you is doctrine, based on a belief.
If it weren't for doctrine, a lot of the world's religions would get along a
lot better, because the core roots of their beliefs aren't that dissimilar,
it's the interpretation and the rules that grew up around them that seem to
cause all the trouble.

    27-Apr-97  19:32:07
Sb: #Sinclair--->Delenn
Fm: ELLEN FUSCELLARO

Joe,

OK, I know I'm a week behind (as usual <g>) but I just finished watching my
tape of "Atonement" and I just had to make one comment.  You finally managed to
put to rest any remaining rumblings from people like me who persisted in
imagining how much more wonderful a pairing of Delenn & Sinclair would have
been over Delenn & Sheridan.  Don't get me wrong--I like Delenn and Sheridan
together but I always preferred Jeffrey in my own fantasy imaginings. <g> But
to make him her great-great-great...grandfather!  Yikes!  Now all those mental
fantasies of mine are coming back to give me the willies! <bg>  I never saw
that one coming and it freaked me out for sure when it arrived. Great job, as
always, Joe. :)

Ellen

 #: 665303 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    27-Apr-97  20:47:37
Sb: #665282-Sinclair--->Delenn
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks.  If you check the archives, when people said, "But what about the
relationship between Sinclair and Delenn we see?" (and this is back a long time
ago), I said that there is a relationship there, yes, but it isn't what you
think it is.  Now we see what it was.

    28-Apr-97  00:52:04
Sb: B5 Fan Club Note (jms)
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      One of the most dangerous things in the world is a writer who has
finished writing for a while, has met his deadlines, and can now address other
issues.

      One such issue that has been nibbling at the back of my brainstem has
been the Babylon 5 Fan Club.  I've felt for some time that it was not living up
to its potential, and has been laying fallow for some while.  The Universe
Today newsletter was okay, but it could have been better.  The club was okay,
but could have been better.

      Okay is never sufficient.  We either move forward or we fall back, there
is no such thing as holding position.  Especially with the fan club, because as
a fan myself, I have to feel that people are getting their money's worth out of
the club, and frankly, I'm not sure they have been.  Now that I have time to
turn my attention to the problem....

      A number of changes have been made to improve the situation for the
current members, and for future members.

      1) We are going to substantially improve Universe Today and get it out on
schedule.  To facilitate this, we are announcing that Mike Zmuda, publisher of
the Centaurian Sentinel, probably the best of the B5 fanzines out there, has
been made editor of the newsletter.

      Sandra Bruckner, publisher of the Zocalo, has been named co-editor. Both
begin work effective May 1st.

      Knowing the great work these two have performed individually, we have
every anticipation that their combined efforts on Universe Today will make it
the sort of publication we've always wanted it to be.

      2) Sandra has also agreed to take over as website administrator for
thestation.com, maintaining it and improving it and updating it as
circumstances warrant.  The B5 Fan Club Web Site has also been wandering a bit,
and this will correct that problem.

      3) Jim Lockett, founding head of the B5 Fan Club, has moved on to other
projects, and we wish him all the best in his future endeavors.

      4) A more assertive position will be taken in promoting the club at
conventions, in advertisements, and in developing merchandise specific to the
fan club.

      5) Finally, because of my sense that the members of the Fan Club have not
gotten all that they could have out of the club during its debut, we are going
to ROLL OVER ALL YEAR ONE MEMBERSHIPS to a second year.  If you joined prior to
April 1, 1997, you are automatically comp'd in as a member for a second year
without charge.  Doug and I will personally swallow the expense of that.

      It is our desire that the Official Babylon 5 Fan Club should be the best
entity of its kind ever created.  Now that we have made some mid-course
corrections, we are back on track to becoming that.  And we think you will
approve of our plans for improving and expanding the operation as we move ahead
over the rest of 1997.