JMS on CompuServe (Aug 08, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Fri Aug 8 17:34:39 EDT 1997

   ftp://ftp.johndelenn.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/

    Sb: #691761-Bureau 13 Question
    Sb: #691019-The Casting Process
    Sb: #691882-<the Summoning - doink!>
    Sb: #691905-Third TNT film???
    Sb: #692192-<NSNR> <EVP>

 #: 691761 S5/Babylon 5: General
    06-Aug-97  20:09:38
Sb: #Bureau 13 Question
Fm: MICHAEL NELSON

Joe,

Do you have any plans for Bureau 13?  Has it been mentioned in any episodes
after its introduction?

Thanks, and I hope everything is going well for you.

Michael Nelson

 #: 691780 S5/Babylon 5: General
    06-Aug-97  23:02:36
Sb: #691761-Bureau 13 Question
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, Bureau 13 was subsumed into the larger organizations.  After we did
the episode, we learned of a rpg called bureau 13, and decided not to use it
again just to avoid confusion.

                                                                    jms

   replacement and not send her off (ie. mission, sheep farm and/ or
   afterlife)?" ]

 #: 691935 S5/Babylon 5: General
    07-Aug-97  13:50:58
Sb: #691019-The Casting Process
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       It's a different character, not a recast...Ivanova's away on another
assignment.

                       jms (who still remembers the new Darrin)

 #: 691882 S7/Babylon 5: UK/World
    07-Aug-97  08:53:12
Sb: #<the Summoning - doink!>
Fm: NEVILLE WHITE

"doink" is the sound effect of my jaw hitting the floor - I've been waiting for
so long for B5S4 to reach the UK, and now it has I have
to say that it is a real roller-coaster ride. Just saw "the Summoning" last
night, and there is so much that changes all the 'rules'! I particularly
enjoyed:

Interplay between Marcus & Ivanova

The Vorlons BIG ship. We always knew they had big ships, but this latest one is
TRULY ENORMOUS. Was this what they meant when they said 'we are not ready yet'?
Where they waiting to get this monster grown/finished/whatever?

Garibaldi. I think that the title 'whatever happened to Mr Garibaldi hasn't
even *started* to be addressed yet!

Londo/Vir/G'Kar - astonishing, not least because it is all still completely
within character for each of the protagonists.

The new (or I should probably say -revealed-) Vorlon attitude. Don't believe in
half measures, do they? I feel particularly sorry for Lyta at the moment.

Basically - BIG CONGRATULATIONS - you have already matched (in my mind) some of
the best of the previous seasons episodes - I can hardly wait for each new
week!

Regards,
Neville White
UK

 #: 692193 S7/Babylon 5: UK/World
    08-Aug-97  12:51:15
Sb: #691882-<the Summoning - doink!>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Thanks...we do try.

    07-Aug-97  10:27:46
Sb: #688678-#Third TNT film???
Fm: LAURENCE MORONEY

Any details available?

Laurence

 #: 692194 S5/Babylon 5: General
    08-Aug-97  12:51:16
Sb: #691905-Third TNT film???
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Lemme get S5 off the ground, then I'll deal with this.

    08-Aug-97  12:49:58
Sb: #<NSNR> <EVP>
Fm: JONATHAN KASS

just a note on rewatching these episodes during the summer...

While I really liked both of them the first time, certain lines and scenes
almost had more power the second time, when I wasn't trying to catch my breath
and just had a chance to listen...

So I just thought I'd mention two of my favorites from these...

NSNR - The fleet commander saying "I'm not going to be court martialed for
following direct orders".  That is a chilling and all too realistic sounding
result of the WWII war crimes trials.  An officer who follows illegal orders,
finally recognizing he may have been wrong (or at least may lose and therefore
be branded "wrong") comes to the conclusion he'd rather sacrifice himself and
his ship and crew rather than face the consequences of his actions.  Very
nicely dropped in to that scene  (And I thought well played)...

EVP - The concept that Sheridan's military actions could result in taking the
"safety" off of the PsiCorp.  As I listened to Edgars speech about Thought
Police, I had a new respect for his fears (if not his approach to dealing with
them).  It seemed even more plausible the second time that not only could
Edgars and the other megacorp leaders believe this line of reasoning, in fact
they may even be right.  If Clarke actually let the Psi Corp legally start
infiltrating the public, I doubt Psi Corp would give that role up after
Clarke's (almost inevitable) downfall.  Nicely dropped in to that scene as
well.

Thanks for stuff thats worth watching twice :)

 #: 692195 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    08-Aug-97  13:07:56
Sb: #692192-<NSNR> <EVP>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Thanks...the key is to always stay true to what the *character* thinks
is true...whether that came genuinely, or he convinced himself of a certain
position, you have to advance that position honestly.