JMS on CompuServe (Dec 06, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Sat Dec 6 16:13:57 EST 1997

   ftp://ftp.johndelenn.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/

    Sb: #8834-#I got my pin! <G>
    Sb: #8852-I got my pin! <G>
    Sb: #8853-Between

 #: 8834 S2/Bab 5: General
    04-Dec-97  12:49:01
Sb: #I got my pin! <G>
Fm: NEIL S. TURKENKOPF

My Earth Alliance pin finally came,and it's really *really* nice!

For any who may be wondering,it's one inch high by 2« long,and feels nice and
heavy. <G>
The baked-on blue enamel finish looks great against the gold-tone background.
On the back are two clasp thingies,not just one,so it won't twirl around on
ya. Last but not least,the B5 Shield Logo is stamped right on the back as
well,and says: "The Official Babylon 5 Fan Club" ! <G>

I haven't been this excited about getting something in the mail
since,since.....ok,the B5 Antioch Calendar! But you know what I mean! <G>

Neil

 #: 8864 S2/Bab 5: General
    05-Dec-97  02:19:13
Sb: #8834-#I got my pin! <G>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks...yeah, we can finally put those pirated pins out of business,
there's no way they can produce the same quality pins as you just got.

                                                                    jms

 #: 8852 S2/Bab 5: General
    04-Dec-97  22:20:05
Sb: #8834-I got my pin! <G>
Fm: CARL CANTARELLA

>>My Earth Alliance pin finally came,and it's really *really* nice!<<

	I'm still waiting for my stuff. :(
		The fact that I ordered it early last week makes no difference
--I'm like a kid that wants his goodies. <g>

 #: 8863 S2/Bab 5: General
    05-Dec-97  02:19:13
Sb: #8852-I got my pin! <G>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      The club's gotten about 400 orders in the last week, and we're getting
them out as fast as possible...a huge batch went out today, and we're pretty
much caught up.

                                                                    jms

 #: 8853 S3/Bab 5:International
    04-Dec-97  23:38:08
Sb: #8756-#Between
Fm: BRENT BARRETT

      "Mainly because, in the research I'd done, it's just rarely if ever done
in real life, and real life was my template here.  There's TV logic, and
there's what tends to happen in the real world, and I tend to err in the
direction of the latter."

    I suppose my problem here is that I'm looking at it strictly from a legal
prisoner/criminal point of view.  It's obvious that you intended it to be
viewed from a more political prisoner/torture point of view.  But in the case
of legally detained criminals, to have a camera watching an important prisoner
isn't TV logic, it's real world logic and just plain common sense, I would
think.  And wouldn't Sheridan qualify more as a legally detained prisoner than
a political prisoner?  I mean, he's committed an act of treason against his
government.  The EA had every "legal" right to detain him (not to torture him,
obviously).

    Of course, another thing to consider is that in these South and Central
American countries, most of them likely wouldn't have the resources or
technology to bother with cameras, even if they made sense.  I just find it
sort of amazing that they'd capture a key, alliance-wide significant prisoner
and not bother to keep an eye on what he was doing when his worker wasn't in
the room with him.

    I guess I'm itching for January, so I'm picking little nits.  *sigh*  :-)
Anyway, I'm sorry to bother you with something that's long in the can and a
topic about which you obviously know far more than I.  And I do understand
what you intended here, so I'll shut up now.

  -- Brent

 #: 8856 S3/Bab 5:International
    05-Dec-97  00:04:08
Sb: #8853-Between
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yeah, he's legally detained, but he's being *illegally* tortured. That's
the distinction.  Nothing here is being done for the prisoner's benefit, but
for the interrogators.