ATTN JMS: Six Flags B5-themed attractions?

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Sun Dec 7 06:16:38 EST 1997

From: macdave at tamu.edu (Dave Martin)
Date: 6 Dec 1997 15:41:16 -0700

    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]

Considering Warner Brothers owns the Six Flags theme parks, and have
infested the parks with their cartoon and comic book-based characters in
themed rides, are there any plans for Babylon 5 related features? Or, a
definitive "no way" from either Babylonian or Warner?

Houston's AstroWorld has its ancient SkyWay, which will take one from one
corner of the park to the other. I can just imagine replacing it with
something along the lines of the Mars tube rail or the B5 core shuttle. The
terminus at each end would have various Babylon 5 items and decor, maybe a
Vorlon encounter suit that "Vorlonifies" what is said to it, or dispenses
random fortunes ("What did it mean, 'whistle tweet You have always been
here'?").

Or BabCom terminals around the parks, where visitors can view an online
map, see current line lengths on the various rides, inquire about schedules
for shows or other special events, find restaurants within the park, etc.
Maybe even allow people to leave messages for each other--kids "checking
in" so their parent know where they are, for example.

True, none of it would require a B5 theme, but it would add to the show's
visibility (though TNT is doing an excellent job of advertising).

Or would you consider such a thing to be inappropriate (or worse, too much
like what Paramount is doing with Star Trek)?

--
* Dave Martin * macdave(a)tamu.edu or dbm(a)aol.com * Texas A&M *