JMS on CompuServe (Dec 15, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Mon Dec 15 17:05:02 EST 1997

    Sb: #9552-#Official Guide CD-ROM
    Sb: #9480-B5 Dolls
    Sb: #9489-TNT's Rumor Responce
    Sb: #9670-Great Maker Photo
    Sb: #9631-Cd-ROM Comments
    Sb: re: jms email
    Sb: #9503-<<the wedding>>

 #: 9552 S1/Forum&Technical Hlp
    12-Dec-97  17:10:03
Sb: #Official Guide CD-ROM
Fm: NEIL S. TURKENKOPF

Hi folks,
             I don't know whether to laugh or cry. My "Official Guide to
Babylon5" CD-ROM finally came UPS from the Fan Club today,but there's one
small problem. It says it's only for WIN95 or MAC!

I'm using an older machine (486DX50) with Windows 3.1 and a 2X CD-ROM.
The specs on the Sierra box call for Pentium 90,WIN95,and Quad-Speed CD-ROM!
<AGH!>

I'm ok in the graphics department,as it calls for SVGA 640x480 at 256
colors...which I have.
It needs 16MB RAM and I've got 32MB,so no problem there either.

I thought that it was supposed to work on *either/or*
WIN3.1,WIN95....according to thread traffic going back a few months. I could
be wrong,but I'm pretty sure jms himself even said so,since he still uses 3.1?
Joe,please correct me if I'm wrong... So,before I even open it up (and I'm
dying to,believe me!) I would like some advice and/or opinions.

To any of you who already have it,does it run *at all* on Windows 3.1?
Am I just being silly to think that there's even a small chance that it'll
work?

Hoping to hear some good news,
Neil  |ªp

 #: 9577 S1/Forum&Technical Hlp
    13-Dec-97  02:22:01
Sb: #9552-#Official Guide CD-ROM
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, it's specifically for Win 95.  A version I got for proofing stuff
was for 3.1 but for release purposes, it has to be one or the other to have
all the bells and whistles.  Virtually *everything* out now is for nothing
less than Win95.  (Just bought Riven, the Myst sequel, and can't play that
either until I upgrade, which I'll do when I have time.)

                                                                    jms

 #: 9480 S2/Bab 5: General
    11-Dec-97  19:07:08
Sb: #9454-B5 Dolls
Fm: DAWN L. LOW

>>Also, this months comics solicitation for Diamond Distributors lists 6" B5
action figures as being available in February -- with exclusive Delenn and
G'kar variants.<<

Ooo.  How can I get ahold of any Diamond Distributors stuff?

Dawn

 #: 9569 S2/Bab 5: General
    12-Dec-97  22:17:12
Sb: #9480-B5 Dolls
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      The ones under discussion, the 6" figures, are killer...they're even
closer in appearance, sleeker, their faces are great...and apparently they'll
be available from both Toys R Us *and* Diamond (via comics stores).  These are
definitely the ones that'll go on my desk.

                                                                    jms

 #: 9570 S2/Bab 5: General
    12-Dec-97  22:17:13
Sb: #9489-TNT's Rumor Responce
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"What about the one that jms isn't really from this planet, and TNT is
knowingly collaborating with (albeit) benevolent alien races that just dig
good scifi"

      Oh, well, that one's true...but how did YOU find out?

                                                                    jms

   the Demon Night dust cover but cropped." ]

 #: 9675 S2/Bab 5: General
    14-Dec-97  00:55:07
Sb: #9670-Great Maker Photo
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks.  I haven't been able to find the issue; can you tell me what
specifically it said?

                                                                    jms

 #: 9671 S2/Bab 5: General
    13-Dec-97  22:48:01
Sb: #9631-Cd-ROM Comments
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"Who chose the characters for the directory? There are a few noteable
exceptions that probably should have been included. I'm talking about Bester,
Talia, Morden and both Koshs."

      The conceit of the disk is that it's a guide to the station as of the
end of the 4th season.  That's why neither Vorlon is listed, since they're
gone by that time, ditto for Morden who was never actually a resident or
officially a part of B5 and wouldn't be listed in any event, and of course
Talia was gone a while back.

"You mentioned that there is kind of an easter egg hidden on the disk
somewhere. Could you give a bit of a hint where I should start looking?"

      Just keep poking around until you find something that sounds right.

                                                                    jms

 #: 9786 S2/Bab 5: General
    14-Dec-97  23:51:07
Sb: re: jms email
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Just a note to remind folks that my email address is to be used only for
stuff that can't or shouldn't be discussed publicly, for personal stuff. It's
starting to fill up with general questions about the themes of the show, plot
stuff and the like, questions which would serve better in the open forums
where the answers would profit other people, and save me from having to answer
the same question X-times privately.

                                                                    jms

   she thinks she saw a still photo from the scene. ]

 #: 9831 S3/Bab 5:International
    15-Dec-97  11:36:05
Sb: #9503-<<the wedding>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, it was never shot, so there's no still from it either.