JMS on CompuServe (Feb 17, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Tue Feb 18 01:52:58 EST 1997

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/
  ######       Support Babylon 5!       ######
  ##      To get a fifth season of this ##
   # ###    wonderful epic, we need to   # ###
     . ## let local stations and Warner    . ##
  ##   ##   Brothers know we want it!   ##   ##
   #####   www.babylon5.com/cmp/support  #####

    Sb: #649031-Writing
    Sb: #649197-Slip Slidin' Away
    Sb: #649025-<Epiphanies> curious ?
    Sb: #649116-<First Ones Motives>
    Sb: #649260-<<408: Timeline>>

 #: 649295 S5/Babylon 5: General
    17-Feb-97  21:43:33
Sb: #649031-Writing
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I use WS 7.0.

    17-Feb-97  16:09:41
Sb: #Slip Slidin' Away
Fm: BRENT BARRETT

Joe,

    A while back you commented to someone that you didn't think the blooper
reels would ever be offered by the fan club, because you wanted to keep them as
something special for the con goers.

    I wanted to ask you if this position will ever change, as I belong to what
I feel to be the majority of the fans who either can't or won't attend cons.
In my case, it's because, as a middle class working stiff, I simply can't
afford the travel, lodging and admission to a con.  But I could scrape up the
cost of a typical pre-recorded video.

    What do you say?  Maybe after the series is over?  I'd love to see them,
but fear I'll never get the chance now.

Thanks,

  -- Brent

 #: 649296 S5/Babylon 5: General
    17-Feb-97  21:43:34
Sb: #649197-Slip Slidin' Away
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      We'll see....

    16-Feb-97  23:37:35
Sb: #<Epiphanies> curious ?
Fm: ELIZABETH

First of all, having just gotten to see "Epiphanies" this morning, I just loved
this episode.  A whole, what, 3 minutes of  celebrating, and then the rest of
it had my stomach clenching in knots.  Yikes!  (BTW, I've made a vow *not* to
read full spoiler synopses again, as they seem to have dampened the effect of
"The Long Night" and "Into the Fire" somewhat.  I had willpower for Epiphanies,
and I got slammed.  It was great.  <g>)

My one, quick, curious question is, was the "big band" style music used in the
beginning something written specifically for this episode?  Or was it something
else?  I rather liked it.  <g>

Later,
Liz

 #: 649297 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    17-Feb-97  21:43:36
Sb: #649025-<Epiphanies> curious ?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yeah, Chris wrote the music for us, in Big Band style.

                                                                    jms

 #: 649298 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    17-Feb-97  21:43:38
Sb: #649116-<First Ones Motives>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      The main motive for going beyond the rim...there's a heck of a big Taco
Bell out there....

    17-Feb-97  19:54:30
Sb: #<<408: Timeline>>
Fm: BRENT BARRETT

Joe,

    One thing about "Illusion of Truth":  The ISN report indicates that it is
currently April 12, 2261.  Can you clarify the timeline for the first eight
episodes?

    I was under the impression that 401-406 all happened in January (with "Into
the Fire" taking place near the end of the month).  Does that mean that 407
("Epiphanies") happened sometime in Feb, March or April?  There seems to have
been a lot of time uncommented upon by the series, so I was just curious.

Thanks,

  -- Brent

 #: 649299 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    17-Feb-97  21:43:40
Sb: #649260-<<408: Timeline>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      There are always some time jumps in the show, since there's only 22 weeks
worth of shows, and they cover 52 weeks of a year.