ATTN JMS: Sonic Images and B5 CD vol2

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Sun Feb 23 06:10:01 EST 1997

Subject: ATTN JMS: Sonic Images and B5 CD vol2
s  1: Feb 22, 1997: "Jason Wong" <jasonw at gold.interlog.com>
+  2: Feb 22, 1997: brownlee at gsb015.cs.ualberta.ca (Karen Brownlee)
*  3: Feb 23, 1997: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

From: "Jason Wong" <jasonw at gold.interlog.com>

Hi Joe.  I just called Sonic Images with their 1-800 number because
it's been almost 4 weeks now and I haven't yet received my B5 CD
vol2.  So when I called them, they asked for my name and for how I
ordered it.  I told them my name was Jason Wong and that I paid by
money order.  They then told me that all their orders by cheque or
money order would go out this Monday, so I should call back if I
haven't gotten it by next week.  This sounded somewhat reassuring, so
then I asked the lady if they had even received my order yet, because
I was wondering if Canada Post might have never sent it to them.  She
replied (somewhat rudely, I might add) "Look, I'm sorry but I really
don't have the time to stop what I'm doing and suffle through a stack
of papers."  This startled me, but I thanked her anyway and hung up.

According to the Sonic Images web page, you should receive your order
within 5 days, but if you don't then call back after 4 weeks.  I'm a
little concerned that my order never made it to the States (I'm from
Toronto), so my question is why doesn't Sonic Images have a computer
system where they can verify if my order has been recieved?

======
"What are my chances
 Of honest advances?
 I'd say low.
 Better to win
 By admitting my sins
 Than to lose with a halo." -- Eva Peron in "Evita"

From: brownlee at gsb015.cs.ualberta.ca (Karen Brownlee)

"Jason Wong" <jasonw at gold.interlog.com> writes:

I paid by money order too.  Thanks for posting this Jason, I've been
wondering when I'll receive my copy too.  I was expecting my order to
take 3-5 weeks anyway so I'm not that worried right now.  (1 - 2
weeks for payment to get down there, the rest allowing for shipping
and warehouse delays and such.)

If you paid by money order, you could put a trace on it to see if it's
been cashed.  I don't know if that's possible with postal MOs (I've
never used them, but I assume they offer that service) but if you got it
from your bank then you should have a copy with the serial numbers
and such on it.  One more thing - tracing can take a few days to a
week or two depending on where the MO is from.

Hope this helps!

Karen Brownlee                      brownlee at cs.ualberta.ca
Computing Science V                 http://ugweb.cs.ualberta.ca/~brownlee/
University of Alberta               Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

From: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

"You should have gotten her name and asked to speak to the manager (or
call back later).  I don't think that JMS will be able to do anything
about this -- he doesn't work for or manage Sonic Images."

No, but it never hurts to make a phone call (which I did)...