JMS on CompuServe (Feb 26, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Wed Feb 26 18:42:17 EST 1997

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/
  ######       Support Babylon 5!       ######
  ##      To get a fifth season of this ##
   # ###    wonderful epic, we need to   # ###
     . ## let local stations and Warner    . ##
  ##   ##   Brothers know we want it!   ##   ##
   #####   www.babylon5.com/cmp/support  #####

    Sb: #651411-WB vs. Drop Dead?
    Sb: #651432-more praise
    Sb: #651431-Time loop?
    Sb: #651445-><The Long Night>>
    Sb: #651490-Cindy LOVED Demon Night

 #: 651411 S5/Babylon 5: General
    25-Feb-97  17:43:42
Sb: #WB vs. Drop Dead?
Fm: KEVIN P. KENNEY

Do you have a feeling yet whether WB/PTEN will be willing to give you an answer
on renewal and/or the sequel after this week's numbers come out and get
digested?

If not, do you know this year's 'drop dead' date on renewal?

(For the newbies: That's the date actor's contracts have to be extended
(reactivated?) by - and the date the renewal notice has come one business day
before, in all three previous years.)

Thanks as always,
KpK

 #: 651472 S5/Babylon 5: General
    25-Feb-97  22:24:53
Sb: #651411-WB vs. Drop Dead?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      The renewal dates for the actors is the same every year, around late
June/early July.

                                                                    jms

   a big picture, yet I care increasingly about the characters (who are
   indeed not static or one-sided)." ]

 #: 651473 S5/Babylon 5: General
    25-Feb-97  22:24:54
Sb: #651432-more praise
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      That's great, thanks.

                                                                    jms

   loop must've started at some point (the old "Chicken and the egg"
   paradox).  Asks JMS if he can clarify the confusion. ]

 #: 651474 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    25-Feb-97  22:24:57
Sb: #651431-Time loop?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I could answer this, but if I expand the time paradox loop any further, I
would end up not answering it because I'd already answered it, which means it
wouldn't get answered, requiring me to answer it now, and pretty soon the
universe implodes, and I don't want that on my conscience.

    25-Feb-97  20:07:23
Sb: #><The Long Night>>
Fm: DEONAHA M. CONLIN

Hi Joe,

        Just finished rewatching 'The Long Night' and 'Into the Fire' ( what
else can one do recovering from bronchitis?), and was wondering something
-------

        Was it my drug-induced haze, or was the voice of the shadow creature
done by Ed Wasser?

        And this is even weirder -  I found myself feeling sorry for it and for
the Vorlon. Both of them were afraid - of being alone, not being needed or
wanted - and I guess we all feel that now and then.  The whole war could have
ended in a blazing battle - but this was better.  Thank you!

Di Conlin, Minister of Paranoid Development &
 Personality Reconstruction, RMES
Wielder of the Lesser Salmon of Discipline

 #: 651475 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    25-Feb-97  22:24:59
Sb: #651445-><The Long Night>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yeah, that was Ed's voice.  Seemed appropos.

      Definitely didn't want it to end in a big explosion.  We've seen many of
those; how many more can you see?  One is the same as the other after a while.
And if we destroyed everything, how would that show we'd grown enough to create
the new age?  It's a matter of evolution, not destruction.

    25-Feb-97  23:45:16
Sb: #650897-#Cindy LOVED Demon Night
Fm: DAVID BELT

I look forward to it!  Is it horror, SF, or something else?

Dave

 #: 651499 S5/Babylon 5: General
    26-Feb-97  01:40:21
Sb: #651490-Cindy LOVED Demon Night