JMS on CompuServe (Jan 06, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Tue Jan 7 02:06:03 EST 1997

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/
  ######       Support Babylon 5!       ######
  ##      To get a fifth season of this ##
   # ###    wonderful epic, we need to   # ###
     . ## let local stations and Warner    . ##
  ##   ##   Brothers know we want it!   ##   ##
   #####   www.babylon5.com/cmp/support  #####

    Sb: #634379-#Broadcasting in order?
    Sb: #634493-#<Hour of the Wolf>
    Sb: #634622-The Alliance (UK Con)

 #: 634379 S5/Babylon 5: General
    05-Jan-97  14:53:24
Sb: #Broadcasting in order?
Fm: CARL CANTARELLA

Joe,

Apparently someone over there at WB has finally woken up out of the fog because
they're actually showing the repeats in the order that they're supposed to be
shown. This is a first!
        Were you made aware that they were going to start doing this?
                        I'm just curious, but it's about time!

 #: 634504 S5/Babylon 5: General
    05-Jan-97  22:03:38
Sb: #634379-#Broadcasting in order?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      They asked us what order this latest batch should go in, and we made a
suggestion.  It seems to be working well.

    05-Jan-97  21:11:32
Sb: #<Hour of the Wolf>
Fm: CARL CANTARELLA

Joe,

        WWOR stationed in NJ, which also happens to be my NY station, threw me
a curve ball this week by airing B5 Saturday night at 8:00 p.m., and then again
on Sunday night at 8:00 p.m.. This has me wondering if they're thinking of
moving the show back to its Sunday night slot at 8:00, which they abandoned
back on September 26th when they moved it to Saturday nights at eight.
        At any rate, I ended up watching the same episode back to back both
nights, which really didn't bother me because it's a pivotal episode which I
enjoyed. I'm writing you this because I must tell you that I've gotten such a
kick out of the way in which he handled bringing Emperor Cartegia into the arc.
When first we see him, he's sporting a new hairstyle not fitting with Centauri
tradition. Right away this is a sort of "heads up" for the viewer to take
notice of, but it's not clear why. Does he view this new trend which he's
stirred up to be "chic," perhaps simply because he is young, or is he somehow
mentally and\or emotionally off balance? He's smart enough to assess Molari
during the first meeting that we the viewers get to see between these two men,
and we know he's up to something, though we're not sure what. It all becomes
clear once he spouts his "deification" speech to Molari, and I must commend you
on handling the scenario most effectively. It is not until this point that both
we and Molari get to truly see the Emperor for what he is for the first time
--insane. <G> When Molari first enters the room he is so alarmed, so irritated,
so utterly frustrated by what the Emperor has done that he dares to grab at his
arm as if he were scolding an incorrigible child. Only moments later does he
realize what he's truly up against, a mad ruler, and his utter speechlessness
upon listening to the Emperor's insane notion is priceless! <bg> It is also a
true credit to Peter Jurasik as an actor, who earns more of my respect for him
as a performer on a seemingly regular basis.
        Anyway, just a little aside about something which I particularly
appreciated. I know that what we're looking at when we see Cartegia is a
reincarnation of Caligula, but it's all just so much fun to watch. :) This
episode also got me wondering about how Morden will meet his end, and at whose
hands, Molari's or the Shadows.
                Cheers for producing such quality entertainment!  ;-)

 #: 634505 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    05-Jan-97  22:03:40
Sb: #634493-#<Hour of the Wolf>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks; it's a nifty little episode, and it sneaks up on one very nicely.

                                                                    jms

   picked on by bad ole Joe. :-) ]

 #: 634726 S5/Babylon 5: General
    06-Jan-97  15:41:15
Sb: #634622-The Alliance (UK Con)
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       "everybody being mean to me"

       Well, there *was* that petition, after all....