JMS on CompuServe (Jan 25, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Sat Jan 25 22:27:57 EST 1997

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/
  ######       Support Babylon 5!       ######
  ##      To get a fifth season of this ##
   # ###    wonderful epic, we need to   # ###
     . ## let local stations and Warner    . ##
  ##   ##   Brothers know we want it!   ##   ##
   #####   www.babylon5.com/cmp/support  #####

    Sb: #641133-#Another John?
    Sb: #641136-Press and Year 5
    Sb: #641335-fave books ?

   movies. ]

 #: 641200 S5/Babylon 5: General
    24-Jan-97  13:31:58
Sb: #641133-#Another John?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       The deal is that what makes for a great novel is not what makes for a
great movie in most cases; novels are internal, movies are external.  And often
execs hear about a big SF book, they don't know anything about it except that
it's popular or famous, and they option it...then find out what it is and have
no idea how to make it...or what it was...or why it works... and after buying
it for what it *is* they try to make it into something it's *not* because
they're more comfortable wit what it isn't but could be than what it is and
can't be.

       And the fact that I actually understood what I wrote and was entirely
serious in it suddenly tells me that I've been in this town WAY too long.

    24-Jan-97  09:12:43
Sb: #641045-#Press and Year 5
Fm: BRENT BARRETT

Re: TNT showing the pilot

    Had you or anyone else thought about getting TNT to fund the re- editing of
that movie the way you originally wanted it?

Thanks,

  -- Brent

 #: 641201 S5/Babylon 5: General
    24-Jan-97  13:31:59
Sb: #641136-Press and Year 5
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       We've talked with them about it, and there's still nothing set yet. We
think we may be able to get this reworked to some extent, at least re-edited,
with some new CG, but it isn't final yet.

                                                                       jms

   writers?" ]

 #: 641343 S5/Babylon 5: General
    24-Jan-97  22:52:19
Sb: #641335-fave books ?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I'm somewhat a traditionlalist in my SF/fantasy reading...Bradbury,
Clarke, Asimov, Ellison, Russell, Smith (EE and Clark Ashton), Lovecraft,
others.  I've fallen a bit astray of the newer folks, though I never miss an
opportunity to plug Jonathan Carroll's work.