News Service Report: Season 5 "Looks Doubtful"

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Sun Jan 26 06:13:50 EST 1997

Subject: News Service Report: Season 5 "Looks Doubtful"
s  1: Jan 24, 1997: Chuck Fullerton <nougat at mindspring.com>
+  5: Jan 25, 1997: davekuhn at fuse.net (David Kuhn)
*  6: Jan 26, 1997: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

From: Chuck Fullerton <nougat at mindspring.com>

             OK folks, looks like it may be time to wage the mother of
all write-in campaigns.
             Quoting the Atlanta Journal/Constitution, Jan. 23, 1997,
from unnamed "news sources":

             "...while year 5 of the syndicated 'Babylon 5' looks
doubtful, TNT has ordered two 2-hour movies of the future-set drama,
which stars Bruce Boxleitner and Claudia Christian. 'The main story line
will finish,' says creator/executive producer J. Michael Straczynski."

             I don't know where they got that 'doubtful' quote from,
but this does not look good.(JMS?) We know what we have to do. Here are
the addresses of the WB execs who *may* have the power to change this
unfortunate situation:

             Mr. Dick Roebertson
             President
             Domestic Television Distribution
             Warner Bros. Television
             Triangle Bldg, 4th Floor
             4000 Warner Boulevard
             Burbank, CA
             91522

             Mr. Robert Daly, Chairman
             Warner Bros Inc
             4000 Warner Boulevard
             Burbank, CA
             91522

             Try to remind them that renewing B5 makes good business
sense for Warners. Remind them that the show is delivered consistantly
on time and on budget. Remind them of the steadily increasing ratings
this season.
             But above all, PLEASE remember to be polite. Harsh language
will only get us into an even deeper mess.
             If we act now, before it is too late, we can make this the
year of joy instead of the year of great sadness. Spread the word to
any friends you may have in other countries, particularly British fans.
             May all the B5 gods be with us during the long twilight
struggle.

             -Chuck Fullerton

--
rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.info    <*>    archive:  http://ivory.ora.com/rastb5i/
another fine service       submissions to:  b5-info at callisto.pas.rochester.edu
of ISN mars bureau    comments to:  b5-info-request at callisto.pas.rochester.edu

From: davekuhn at fuse.net (David Kuhn)

Here's the letter I mailed today:

Mr. Robert Daly, Chairman
Warner Bros Inc
4000 Warner Boulevard
Burbank, CA  91522

REFERENCE: BABYLON 5 FIFTH SEASON, PLEASE

Dear Mr. Daly,

I want to thank you for continuing to produce Babylon 5!

Babylon 5 is my favorite show and the only one that I watch with any
regularity.

Our local station here in Cincinnati, Star Channel 64 (WSTR),  broadcasts
it in an excellent time slot on a good night (Sundays at 09:00 PM).

Babylon 5’s writings, acting, plots, and effects are second to none.

I hope that Warner’s vision remains wise and true, and that Babylon 5
receives the funding and the nod for the fifth season.

Thanks kindly for taking the time and consideration to read this letter.

Regards,

David L. Kuhn

In article <5c9jjd$dc3 at ncar.ucar.edu>, nougat at mindspring.com says...

From: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

The newspaper syndicated strip that carried the first report about the
show being doubtful just ran a follow-up on Friday taking back that
comment.