JMS on CompuServe (Jul 16, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Thu Jul 17 01:16:15 EDT 1997

   ftp://ftp.johndelenn.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/

    Sb: jms in san diego
    Sb: #683901-Updates from jms
    Sb: #683946-Congratulations & Thanks
    Sb: #684380-Internet World Article

 #: 685074 S5/Babylon 5: General
    16-Jul-97  21:10:29
Sb: jms in san diego
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Just a quick note to let folks know that I'll be in San Diego this coming
weekend for ComicCon, at the convention center downtown.  I'll be doing two
(fairly identical) major B5 presentations Friday and Sunday at 11 a.m., and a
"spotlight on jms" presentation (whatever the hell that is) Saturday at 1:30.

      A word to the wise: in the past, these have always been the largest
events held at ComicCon, which has about 25,000 guests on average.  The room
they set aside for B5 stuff tends to hold about 2400 people, so seating is kind
of at a premium.  Translation: try and get there early.

      I'll be bringing the season 4 bloopers, clips from upcoming shows, some
nifty videos, and trailers for the two new B5 TV movies for TNT.  Also, the
official B5 fan club will be making its debut at a table in the dealer's room
this weekend at SDCC, selling some nifty stuff including bunches of the
Agamemnon cap worn by Sheridan in "Knives."  It's identical to the prop in just
about every way.

      See you there.

                                                                    jms

   by JMS and offered through the Official Fan Club. ]

 #: 685080 S5/Babylon 5: General
    16-Jul-97  21:50:50
Sb: #683901-Updates from jms
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      You can get info on the boxes, and the fan club, at www.thestation.com.

    08-Jul-97  19:46:35
Sb: #683644-#Congratulations & Thanks
Fm: CARL CANTARELLA

>"And I notice that one episode made the TV Guide list of the top 100 shows
ever."<

>> No...don't think so, though it's a great idea. <<

        Joe, ya definitely got gypped on that one. "Severed Dreams" *certainly*
belonged in that so-called "Top 100," and I can think of several other
potential candidates besides.
                You got the shaft because your show is in syndication and not
on a network, pure and simple. I think the TNG episode "The Best of Both Worlds
Pt.1" was the *only* syndicated show to earn a spot on their list.
        And BTW, someone was referring to the talk about Roddenberry's "five
year arc" in one of the TV Guide articles last week, and I believe she stated
at the time that this was related to TOS. It wasn't --it's for the lost script
that his wife Majel has sold and a series based on it(mentioned on this week's
cover of TV Guide as well) will be hitting syndication in the Fall. (just a
little aside)

 #: 685081 S5/Babylon 5: General
    16-Jul-97  21:50:52
Sb: #683946-Congratulations & Thanks
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yeah, I know all about the project...they'd asked me to write it, and I
read the material, but finally had to pass.

                                                                    jms

 #: 684380 S5/Babylon 5: General
    11-Jul-97  15:08:57
Sb: #Internet World Article
Fm: JONATHAN KASS

sir,

just opened my August Internet World, and what do I find in the back - a blurb
about you being attacked (via a computer virus)!

Is the story they have true?  They said you declined comment, but "an assistant
on the set confirmed the matter".  Bummer if it is!

Jonathan

 #: 685082 S5/Babylon 5: General
    16-Jul-97  21:50:53
Sb: #684380-Internet World Article
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yeah, it happened.  I haven't seen the article, but apparently they chide
me for not using a virus checker...but what did the most damage was the trojan
horse program that use deltree to systematically start deleting my hard drive,
and no checker can find those.