Atten JMS: re: merchandising

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Sat Mar 8 06:37:00 EST 1997

Subject: Atten JMS: re: merchandising
s  1: Mar  6, 1997: hologhost at aol.com (Hologhost)
*  2: Mar  7, 1997: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

From: hologhost at aol.com (Hologhost)

I read that you have decided to increase the amount of merchandising for
the show.  Any guesses as to specific types of product?  I really love my
B5 micro machine collection.  I would be nifty to see more stuff like the
lines Galoob has marketed for Star Wars.  (multi sized ships, playsets,
etc.)  Of course, I think we all want a Kosh action figure.  (Not to
mention Barbie as Ivonnava...)

Body by Soloflex, brains by Mattel.

From: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

"I read that you have decided to increase the amount of merchandising for
the show.  Any guesses as to specific types of product?"

We're going to be doing a few more things, incrementally.  Del Rey is
coming out with more nonfiction B5 books, starting with reprints of the
Bassom UK books on B5, then the 3 volume episode guide covering the first
three seasons (with more to come, obviously), and a number of other
nonfiction books that are starting to move ahead, detailing the production
and related areas of B5.

The Hamilton Collectors plates will start coming out shortly (the Sheridan
one is very nice, but the real killer is the Delenn plate, which is just
stunning), same for the Antioch Publishing stuff, including bookmarks,
bookplates, journals, magnets and the like (and they've done some
*terrific* stuff at Antioch, including bookmarks with each year's
narration).

I saw a test run on the first part of the B5 informational CDrom which
we're doing in-house the other day, and it's just spiffy...gorgeous
looking, and it's going to be just a bit on the subversive side, as is
standard with anything B5.  I'll have to check, but I think we're shooting
for a spring release on this one.

There's more cards coming out from Fleer, a new version fo the B5 comic
(with a starting 3-issue arc written by me (issue 1) and Peter David (2
and 3), some character figures to be released in groups of 3, and the
Monogram/Revell models coming down the pike shortly.  The B5 RPG and
tactical games are almost ready to ship.

Not a lot, but a bit more.  Mainly, it's just the cool stuff I'd like
myself....