ATTN JMS: MarCon

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Sat May 17 06:30:23 EDT 1997

From: ranger27 <jdeboard at netwalk.com>
Date: 14 May 1997 11:55:23 -0400

Hi Joe,
Thank you very much for coming to MarCon.  I hope you enjoyed it and were
able to get a little sleep - Columbus, OH is a great place for doing
that!

I'm the one who walked up to you at the beginning of Friday night's
blooper showing, while you were standing alone at the back of the room.
I meant to just say "Hi Joe, welcome to Columbus, great to meet you,
love B5," but of course turned into Stammering FanGirl in the presence of
the Great Maker.

I *did* want to say that even if it wasn't for B5, I would still show up
at any panel you were doing at MarCon, because you were a great help to
me when I was a new writer and I consider you one of my teachers.  I was
actually disappointed when you left the columns in Writer's Digest to go
work on some teevee show!

*Nothing* could have made me miss the Professional Writer's Seminar at
MarCon on Saturday afternoon - except for my 22-year-old daughter's
graduation ceremony at Bowling Green State University that *same*
afternoon.  Ricia Mainhardt is now my literary agent, and on the drive up
to BG I was rather trying not to think of what I was missing!

If anyone else reading this post was at the Pro Writer's Seminar at
Marcon, I would love to hear about it.

Anyway, Joe, thanks again for coming to MarCon and for being so patient
with your fans.  Sometime they'll learn to talk to you without their
voices shaking!

Hey, get some sleep.

--
Janeen S. DeBoard