JMS on CompuServe (Nov 03, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Mon Nov 3 22:20:44 EST 1997

   ftp://ftp.johndelenn.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/

    Sb: #4999-A Call for Help
    Sb: #5026-#<faith manages>
    Sb: #5031-<<DFS>> -Crusades?

 #: 4999 (C) S2/Bab 5: General
    02-Nov-97  16:01:05
Sb: A Call for Help
Fm: BRENT BARRETT

    Some of you probably don't know Cecelia Harvey, but she's a long-time
die-hard Babylon 5 fan who has contributed a lot to our enjoyment of the
series. She's also been a good friend to many of us. Cecelia is a kind soul.
Please read this message from some of her closest friends, and do whatever
you can to help. Even if it's just spreading the word or wishing her well in
your hopes and prayers.

    This is no hoax, no scam.  This is real.

Thank you,

  -- Brent

JMS has told us, as have Delenn, G'Kar and many of the characters that we
have come to love, that humans build communities. Over the past four years a
community surpassing anyone's expectations has formed on the internet. A
community with a common love, linked not by boundaries of geography but by
electronic impulses through time and space. We build WEB pages, we start
forums, we go to chats and somehow, we have found each other. Together we
have laughed and cried, cheered and shouted and during that time become a
family. We also have formed deep and abiding friendships. Like any good
community, we care for our own.

Now, one of our own truly needs us to come together in support. Cecelia
Harvey, who many of you know from the J & D Forum, as the Ministress of Light
for the Romantic Rangers, as Queen of the Gutter Club and the creator of the
voice of the Resistance Web Page, needs our help. Cecelia has recently been
diagnosed with cancer and had to undergo extensive medical treatments.

Cecelia is the sole support of a young son. Even before the cancer, Cecelia
had ongoing health problems and lives with chronic pain. She is disabled and
is not able to work. Though she never let on times have always been tough.
Those of you came to know her by her razor sharp wit and her saucy humor, her
spirit and her hallmark phrase "Hunk-a-dunk-a-dimple", may never have seen
the need, or been aware of the pain that she hid so well.

Now we need to look beyond the smile and the humor to the woman, the family
in need. As a community we have to come together.

Cecelia has no insurance and cannot qualify for the for the programs that
should help us all when we need it. We have repeatedly tried to go down these
avenues with professional help but to no avail. Since we have exhausted all
possibilities it is the time to inform our community. The medical bills and
basic living expenses in this time of crisis are overwhelming at this time
and will only continue to grow.

Cecelia would never ask for your help, it is not in her nature. We as her
friends cannot stand by and watch one of our own in such need and do nothing.
We come to you with a heartfelt request. Please send your thoughts and your
prayers, and most of all, your contributions no matter no small. Together as
a community we can make a major difference in one person's life.

We have established a fund in her name. Any donations you can make should be
made payable to Cecelia Harvey and sent to:

Cecelia Harvey
C/o Tish Williamson
10 Saddleview Court
Gaithersburg, Md. 20878-3861

Thank you,
In Valen's name, with love,

Adrina Cohen
Tish Williamson
Jeanne Wilson

 #: 5032 S2/Bab 5: General
    03-Nov-97  00:00:07
Sb: #4999-A Call for Help
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I'd just like to add that I've met Cecelia, and we've exchanged any
number of emails, and I've been following her condition for some time.  If
anybody out there is able to help, consider this a definite encouragement to
do so.

                                                                    jms

 #: 5034 S4/Bab 5: **SPOILERS**
    03-Nov-97  00:15:00
Sb: #5026-#<faith manages>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"Happily your note could only be read as mean-spirited by someone feeling a
bit guilty. It is a mirror: you get out of the comment what you put into it's
creation. You see it as a redemption/accomplishment of a plan, I see it as a
confirmation of my own fandom, and a critic will see it as an insult on
his/her own unkind words."

      Something for everyone....

"But have you had many negative comments about it? I hope not as many as
you've had positive."

      No, not that much...and what there is, is mainly from the weasels for
whom it was somewhat intended.

"BTW: was my interpretation of the fiery emergence of the Agamemnon an
over-interpretation on my part? Or will you remain enigmatic - it means
whatever it means!"

      It seemed an appropriate placeholder when WB told us we had to omit
Claudia's credit because she also appears in (the new) 522, "Sleeping in
Light," to avoid incurring fees.

"It's been said B5 represents a paradigm shift in science fiction - and we're
all better for it."

      Sometimes I think maybe we've actually done it....

                                                                    jms

   "Crusade" sequel series. ]

 #: 5035 S4/Bab 5: **SPOILERS**
    03-Nov-97  00:15:00
Sb: #5031-<<DFS>> -Crusades?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks...no, that part isn't the crux of the Rangers series, because
that takes place 'way down the road, but monks have always been around on the
show, starting with Brother Theo, so I imagine we'll see them in future.