JMS on CompuServe (Oct 10, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Fri Oct 10 17:43:22 EDT 1997

   ftp://ftp.johndelenn.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/

 ----
    SPECIAL NOTE FROM BRENT:

    Oh, Joy.  I have good news and bad news.

    The good news: CompuServe has created an entire forum dedicated to
Babylon 5.

    The bad news: In their infinite wisdom, they are making it policy
now to exclude anyone who prefers to use a plain-old-fashioned terminal
emulator to access their service.   That means me.  So I'm being forced
to use either the cheap (i.e. free) graphical mess that CompuServe ships
to all customers, which doesn't allow me to automate the process of
capturing JMS' messages (see today's installment, below), or purchase
a program such as TAPCIS in order to continue doing this.

    Something I have done for fun has just turned into work, and I'm
not terribly happy with CIS because of it.  :-(

    So, until I get this mess figured out, the format of these posts
will be a little unusual.

  -- Brent
 ----

      It gets broadcast again later that same Sunday, at Midnight.

                                                                    jms

   Fiction gripes that Warner Brothers is the only studio that refuses
   to release sound or video of its works, particularly Babylon 5 and
   2001. ]

      Just sent you a private note on how this may be fixed.

                                                                    jms

      I'm logging on via Tapcis, and didn't know until I read this stuff
that my face was on this.

      Well, that'll send users away in droves....

      The horror, the horror....

                                                                    jms

      Thanks.  I know there are still a few official glitches to get out
of the way, but this is a great idea, and it's an honor to have a forum
here.

                                                                    jms

"Very glad thats changed, now do we get any publicity? :)  And did this go
through quickly cause CIS and AOL are now one big happy family?"

      1) We can but hope, 2) actually, it's complicated things...but I hope
it'll all work out fine in the long run.