Endgame ( *Spoilers* )

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Thu Oct 16 06:15:38 EDT 1997

From: kevin at klyda.faxinter.com (Kevin Lyda)
Date: 15 Oct 1997 01:05:53 -0400

Spoilers for Endgame

Trav1701 (trav1701 at aol.com) wrote:
: In article <tHlQ00O5IMlW091yn at teleport.com>, larryc at teleport.com (Larry
: Caldwell) writes:

: Spoilers for next week?

: >Yup.  Gotta be the dumbest line ever voiced on B5.  I guess Sheridan's
: >lasers musta run out of bullets, so there's nothing for it but to stoke
: >the boilers and send her to the bottom.  Ew, ik, retch, gag.

: Weapons system can be hit to be taken off line how many times had Sharidan
: given orders to disable only the weapons to keep from killing EFers that
: are only following orders.

exactly.  i've seen/heard a few people grouse about this and my take
on the complaint is that it's yet another way to take a potshot at
sheridan.  the *pilot* of b5 has sinclair discussing his intent to
ram the minbari.  precedence has been set on that point.  and if my
guess on the real motive for the grouse, it's deliciously ironic.

: >I'm hoping against hope the ep isn't as nauseating as the preview.  Maybe
: >the Minbari break out in giggles right after Sheridan delivers that line?

: Isn't he on the Aggie when he gave that order there are no Minbari on that
: ship.

and if there were minbari there, i'm sure they wouldn't be surprised
or giggling.  earth force ships (besides sinclair's) had been running
kamakazi missions against the minbari towards the end of the war (if
i'm remembering quotes correctly).

there were things to criticize in ep one of the ff, but that preview
line doesn't seem unrealistic.  (and since sheridan was ordering his
suicide, i didn't think it was overly dramatic either.)

kevin