ATTN JMS: The Rescue (BtDatL spoilers)

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Sat Oct 18 06:16:06 EDT 1997

From: beresh at stokes.ae.utexas.edu (Steve Beresh)
Date: 15 Oct 1997 21:12:41 -0400

Spoilers for BtDatL

Hi Joe.

I know you hate these sorts of "what if" questions, but at least this
one has nothing to do with Sinclair's departure.

After watching _BtDatL_ I had to wonder whether the entire rescue of
Sheridan was a result of having to finish the show in 4 seasons.
Realistically, I can't imagine Sheridan gaining his freedom through any
method other than release after Clark's defeat.  It doesn't seem
realistic for such a high profile prisoner to get busted out of prison
with such ease, even by someone of Garibaldi's resourcefulness.

But, you can't very well wrap up an epic story with the hero locked up
in prison, essentially standing on the sidelines during the Dramatic
Conclusion.

So I ask: had you been able to stick the original 5-year plan, would
Sheridan have rotted in that cell until after the Army of Light disposed
of Clark?  Or would the rescue have proceeded much as we saw?

--Steve

Steve Beresh                       *
Dept of Aerospace Engineering      *  "I hate quotations."
University of Texas at Austin      *       --Ralph Waldo Emerson
beresh at cfdlab.ae.utexas.edu        *