JMS on CompuServe (Sep 09, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Wed Sep 10 01:37:14 EDT 1997

   ftp://ftp.johndelenn.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/

    Sb: #698753-5th season
    Sb: #698993-Ghostbusters goes PC
    Sb: #699005-Lochley=Tracy Scoggins!
    Sb: #699027-Congratulations
    Sb: #699085-#Lochley=Tracy Scoggins!
    Sb: #699102-#SPOILER
    Sb: #699122-casting

 #: 698753 S5/Babylon 5: General
    06-Sep-97  17:42:12
Sb: #698471-#5th season
Fm: TOM KNUDSEN

Darran,

        <I saw a news article a month or so ago saying they were getting
divorced. Don't know if there was any truth in it.>

        I don't believe anthing like that I see in print unless I see it
corroborated 20 ways to Sunday.

                                                Tom^^^^

 #: 699042 S5/Babylon 5: General
    07-Sep-97  23:48:56
Sb: #698753-5th season
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      The article re: Andrea is essentially correct.

    07-Sep-97  18:21:34
Sb: #698740-#Ghostbusters goes PC
Fm: SYSOP DUPA T PARROT

>> Mr. Sandman Dream Me a Dream, <<

On a semi-related subject...

One of the first shows I saw on SFC after my satellite dish was installed was
the New Twilight Zone episode titled "Dream Me A Life." That was one of yours,
wasn't it?

 #: 699049 S5/Babylon 5: General
    07-Sep-97  23:54:58
Sb: #698993-Ghostbusters goes PC
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yeah, "Dream Me a Life" was one of my TZs and as it happens one of the
TZs I'm most proud of, followed by "The Mind of Simon Foster," "Our Selena is
Dying" and "Rendezvous in a Dark Place."  Eddie Albert did a terrific job in
"Dream."

    07-Sep-97  18:55:52
Sb: #698738-#Lochley=Tracy Scoggins!
Fm: PHYLLIS SCHMULENSON

Is captain lochley supposed to be the captain of one of the earth force ships
that defect?
Who is Diana? What about her death?
Thanks
 Phyllis

 #: 699050 S5/Babylon 5: General
    07-Sep-97  23:55:00
Sb: #699005-Lochley=Tracy Scoggins!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, Lochley's ship did not defect.

      And the Diana of whom others are speaking is Princess Di.

    07-Sep-97  21:35:03
Sb: #697313-#Congratulations
Fm: MORRIS L. GAVANT, M.D.

Congratulations from Elvisland on the Hugo.  Your team is outstanding.
BTW, is this the first consecutive winning award or did TOS or TNG do this
before?  What episode will you propose when you go for the threepeat?

Dr. G
Give MEmphis Tennessee
What the heck is a Tennessee Oiler?  Does anybody really care?  Not in four
weeks!!

 #: 699051 S5/Babylon 5: General
    07-Sep-97  23:55:02
Sb: #699027-Congratulations
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Classic Trek won twice in a row, the original TZ did three in a row.

                                                                    jms

   the Wolf organizers are mishandling money destined for charities. ]

 #: 699184 S5/Babylon 5: General
    08-Sep-97  13:59:43
Sb: #699085-#Lochley=Tracy Scoggins!
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       I'd mainly rather look at them myself at this stage, and I want to
emphasize here that I'm not saying they've done anything *wrong,* rather that
very little has been done *right* in some very crucial areas.  The distinction
is an important one.

    08-Sep-97  06:33:35
Sb: #698336-#SPOILER
Fm: VADIM NARODITSKY

<<       The spoiler is not correct.>>

Thank you. This is a relief. I would have been extremely disappointed if
Sheridan would become a president. It would not be natural. Another thing I
would hate to see is how Bester dies. If you read my previous messages you
would have seen that I like Bester a lot. But ... isn't it a standard in
american movies/shows that "bad guy" always dies at the hand of a "good guy"
and doesn't public always know that it would happen? Of course, you might be
the one to break standards... One idea is to make him to lose his telepatic
abilities and thus make viewers feel sorry for him...

Vadim

 #: 699185 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    08-Sep-97  13:59:44
Sb: #699102-#SPOILER
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Please refrain from story suggestions in future.

                                                                       jms

   for the part? ]

 #: 699186 S5/Babylon 5: General
    08-Sep-97  13:59:45
Sb: #699122-casting
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       The funny thing is, you usually know within, oh, 25-30 seconds of the
actor actually starting the audition if this is the wrong person or not. And in
that same amount of time, someone else can either nail it completely, or end up
on the short-list for callbacks.  It's totally subjective and intuitive.