ATTN JMS: Writing and Music

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Wed Sep 17 06:12:54 EDT 1997

From: csumner at fas.harvard.edu (Charles Sumner)
Date: 16 Sep 1997 13:04:16 -0400

Hi Joe,

Congrats as always on the great work.  I was really pleased when I heard
about Tracey Scoggins, I always through that she was pretty talented and
very underused in a never developed character on Lois & Clark.

Anyway, my question is abot the music you listen to when you write.
You've posted before that you enjoy almost all kinds of music but wha I'm
wondering is how much of the outside world you pay attention to when
you're writing.  When I sit down to write, I tend to pick out a CD and set
it to loop only noticing hours later that I'd heard it 7 or 8 times in a
row (which drive my wife nuts).  Are you also a victim of the writing
coma?

Charley

Charles Sumner              "When they make me into an Orangu-man,
Emerald City Productions    I hope they don't put me in a tutu.
csumner at fas.harvard.edu     I'd hate that." - The Lobe, Freakazoid