JMS on CompuServe (Sep 25, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Thu Sep 25 16:36:50 EDT 1997

   ftp://ftp.johndelenn.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/

    Sb: #704095-CC Situation
    Sb: #704188-Franklin Closure

 #: 704095 S5/Babylon 5: General
    24-Sep-97  08:14:07
Sb: #703981-#CC Situation
Fm: JEFF FRANK

>> and she still wanted to be paid for those 4 eps.  This is as I understand
>> it from postings by JMS himself and what he's said at cons I've attended.

And, whether right or wrong, is disputed by her on her web page.  She claims
there was no offer for 18 episodes made to her -- maybe her agent didn't
pass such an offer along?

Jeff
Sigh Corps - Pat Tallman Division
Great Maker huh?

 #: 704146 S5/Babylon 5: General
    24-Sep-97  13:44:22
Sb: #704095-CC Situation
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       "She claims there was no offer for 18 episodes made to her."

       That's correct, and not correct.  What was relayed to her was that if
she wanted to be in just 18, and wanted to be paid for just those 18, then that
was fine...her people insisted that she be paid for the rest of the episodes,
constituting a per-episode pay increase, which couldn't be done without
violating the contracts of all the other cast.

    24-Sep-97  15:54:03
Sb: #Franklin Closure
Fm: MICHAEL  ZITAGLIO

Hi Joe,

I keep asking this but will there be any closure to General Franklin's role in
Earthforce. Im not saying Paul Winfield's guest starring specifically, but any
dialogue???  This is a sticking point for me, I dont know why exaclty. Maybe it
was just the character and Winfields acting. I dunno. Have you gotten similar
feedback from fans?
        I have a season 2 question.  The episode with the character AMIS (
forgot the title )..  Was that creature everyone killed a shadow?  It was
awfully big if I remember correctly.

Plan on comming to Ny, NJ, or PA anytime soon?   I work at the Lakehurst Navy
Base and there is alot of airship history there. I know you, Bruce, and several
others might be interested in that sort of thing.  I extend an invitiation to
all of you and would be happy to give you a tour.   We just buried an F-18 E/F
into the woods during a barricade test. Just another day.  Let me know if you
are interested.

Thanks

mike

 #: 704319 S5/Babylon 5: General
    24-Sep-97  21:38:52
Sb: #704188-Franklin Closure
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I'm still leaving General Franklin's line open for the moment; the
creature with Amis was a shadow servant...and I'll be in Baltimore and Taunton,
Mass next spring for conventions.