JMS on CompuServe (Sep 30, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Tue Sep 30 15:08:06 EDT 1997

   ftp://ftp.johndelenn.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/

    Sb: #705590-CC Situation
    Sb: #705702-jms absent a bit
    Sb: #705850-1998 Calander
    Sb: #705895-CC Situation
    Sb: #705910-JMS to get royalties ???

   might fall in disfavor on the set of a TV show. ]

 #: 705649 S5/Babylon 5: General
    29-Sep-97  11:37:40
Sb: #705590-CC Situation
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Yeah, there are reasons someone can fall into disfavor, but this was not
the case with Claudia...if it were, everyone here, myself included, would not
have been so upset by her leaving, or tried to hard to persuade her to stay.

    29-Sep-97  14:21:42
Sb: #705033-#jms absent a bit
Fm: PHILIP HORNSEY

>>  What apparently complicated matters was that it happened about 90 minutes
before I was scheduled to do my second presentation at a convention in Tulsa (I
slipped in the shower) and refused to cancel the presentation or the 90 minute
autograph session following, knowing that some folks had come as far as 5 hours
drive-time to be there.  Ah, well...live and learn.

When my grandfather was in his 20's (during the depression) he got a job
driving a Catapiller on a jobsite at night (clearing rubble as I recall). One
night it slipped a track, basically breaking a link on the catapiller tread
(this happened up on the top side of the tractor).

At that time if you called a foreman or asked for help on a nightshift (they
were not there, but were at home and assumed you were doing your job), they
would fire you and find someone who would not bother them and still get the
work done.

As a result of this, grandpa lifted a length of treads which we later estimated
to weigh about 600 pounds up on top of the tractorwheels andreseated the link.

He also hurt his back, badly. To him it seemed like muscle pain, but it never
really went away and twenty years later he could not feel his legs anymore.
>From time to time since then, he has undergone operations to relieve pressure
on those nerves, finally, at 85, he can no longer walk. He is otherwise
completely healthy (save for a little angina).

Grandpa will no doubt die 5 or 10 years earlier because the inactivity forced
by his injury will contribute to some degenerative disease or pnumonia or the
like.

Do not *ever* f*ck around with back injuries, get them checked out *quickly*,
and give yourself time to heal. They are *degenerative* and often cause
calcification of the tissues as much as 10 years after the fact if they are
serious. Because it is *always* in motion when you walk, injuries take a long
time to heal, being aggravaited constantly when you walk.

I am normally not at all alarmist, being a good conservative, but this is one
of those things that can affect you for decades and you will *never* forgive
yourself if you screw around and make it worse.

Grandpa needed that job, but he didn't need it *that* much.

Phil^^^^
FREE MARS!

 #: 705770 S5/Babylon 5: General
    29-Sep-97  17:36:35
Sb: #705702-jms absent a bit
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Believe me, I fully understand....

    30-Sep-97  05:22:37
Sb: #1998 Calander
Fm: GERARD KEATING (IRELAND)

Joe,

Will there be a 1998 B5 Calender...

Thanks

 #: 705932 S5/Babylon 5: General
    30-Sep-97  11:32:07
Sb: #705850-1998 Calander
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       There will be two calendars coming out shortly for 1998, one from
Slowdazzle, the other from Antioch...and if you forced me to say which was
better, I'd say it was the Antioch calendar, which from a design point of view
is just absolutely spectacular, probably one of the best pieces of licensing
done yet in the pubishing area.

                                                                       jms

   I don't know as, Like I said before, I was not there." ]

 #: 705933 S5/Babylon 5: General
    30-Sep-97  11:32:07
Sb: #705895-CC Situation
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       I guess it's fair to say you don't know which to buy...I'd just note
that in 5 years of being online and talking about the show, good, bad and
indifferent...in thousands of postings over five long years...I have never yet
been caught out in a contradiction or a fabrication.

                                                                       jms

 #: 705934 S5/Babylon 5: General
    30-Sep-97  11:32:08
Sb: #705910-JMS to get royalties ???