JMS on CompuServe (Apr 20, 1998) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at johndelenn.com bbarrett at johndelenn.com
Tue Apr 21 02:57:51 EDT 1998

    Sb: #29501-Potentially Epitaphical
    Sb: #29599-TeeVee technical query
    Sb: #29619-No more UK Fan Club ?
    Sb: #29726-#Season 5 ep order in UK
    Sb: #29789-#<Corps is Mommy, Daddy>
    Sb: Sakai Query
    Sb: #29715-#Babylon, California???
    Sb: #30016-The Gathering, Next Week
    Sb: #30069-Scares PsiCops?
    Sb: #30074-#Signature Tune

   only thing you can do is follow the small, still voice at the back of
   your head that tells the stories, and write for yourself.  If you
   write well, enough people will stay around to keep you on the air...
   if you don't, they won't. That's always struck me as the fairest
   bargain around." ]

 #: 29753 S2/Bab 5: General
    17-Apr-98  17:17:05
Sb: #29501-Potentially Epitaphical
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks...as words to live (and die) by, those ain't bad.

                                                                    jms

 #: 29599 S2/Bab 5: General
    16-Apr-98  21:14:05
Sb: #TeeVee technical query
Fm: CARRIE FOREMAN

I know you pay actors a second time when previous footage is reused, is that
true for the Season 5 opening credits, for Ed Waser & Walter K?

Love the opening credits, I get a little misty everytime I see 'em.

Carrie Foreman

 #: 29754 S2/Bab 5: General
    17-Apr-98  17:17:05
Sb: #29599-TeeVee technical query
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yeah, they get re-use fees every time.

                                                                    jms

   'Official', that it's been disenfranchised." ]

 #: 29755 S2/Bab 5: General
    17-Apr-98  17:17:05
Sb: #29619-No more UK Fan Club ?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      The UK fan club was never "official."  They were never a branch of the
official B5 fan club.  We do not have, and have never had, the authority to
convey official status to ANY outside fan group, only WB can authorize such
things through an official license.  We were concerned in that the UK group
was being perceived as such by fans there, some of whom had begun sending us
(and me) email with complaints or general notes about the UK fan club asking
me to deal with it since this was an officially sanctioned fan club, so it
became important to clarify that.  You cannot "disenfranchise" someone or
something that was never a part of the "franchise" (a term I hate) in the
first place.

                                                                    jms

 #: 29726 S2/Bab 5: General
    17-Apr-98  15:35:02
Sb: #Season 5 ep order in UK
Fm: DARRAN WILLIAMS

Joe,

I was just curious as to whether 'Day of the Dead' would air in the 'original'
order here in the UK or whether the episode order used by TNT will be used.

Regards
Darran..

 #: 29756 S2/Bab 5: General
    17-Apr-98  17:17:06
Sb: #29726-#Season 5 ep order in UK
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      It should be aired in the originally intended order, as will subsequent
reruns of the show here.

                                                                    jms

 #: 29789 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    17-Apr-98  20:14:07
Sb: #29459-#<Corps is Mommy, Daddy>
Fm: TOM KNUDSEN

Vadim,

	<I don't care for cow's life when I eat beef.>

	How many conversations have you had with cows?

	<He cares about HIS people and that (along with many other qualities)
makes him good.>

	If you still feel that way after everything we've seen, then it's
hopeless for me to try to make you "see the light".

	<It is obvious that we have different views on value of human life.>

	Yeah........no kidding.  I think everyone has a RIGHT to life,
freedom, and the pursuit of their own destiny.

						Tom<*>

 #: 29826 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    17-Apr-98  23:03:02
Sb: #29789-#<Corps is Mommy, Daddy>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"How many conversations have you had with cows?"

      In or out of the TV business?

                                                                    jms

 #: 29817 S7/Babylon 5 Novels
    17-Apr-98  21:26:04
Sb: Sakai Query
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      She arrived after.

                                                                    jms

 #: 29715 S20/Beyond The Rim
    17-Apr-98  14:51:00
Sb: #Babylon, California???
Fm: CARL CANTARELLA

Joe,
	This has been bothering me on and off for a good two weeks now, so
I've simply got to ask you if an article published in the April 6th Issue of
National Review, titled "Babylon, California" written by Rob Long refers to
you or not? In this article Mr. Long starts off by outlining a conversation he
had with "a Hollywood producer" who he doesn't name anywhere in the article,
so perhaps the producer didn't care to be named, or maybe Long didn't feel it
necessary to name him. Nevertheless, the conversation struck me as exactly the
kind of exchange I'd expect if you were actually involved in such a
discussion.

Thanks.

 #: 29757 S20/Beyond The Rim
    17-Apr-98  17:17:06
Sb: #29715-#Babylon, California???
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      To my knowledge, I've never spoken with Mr. Long, so that kind of
narrows down the possibilities.

                                                                    jms

 #: 30016 S2/Bab 5: General
    18-Apr-98  19:52:07
Sb: #The Gathering, Next Week
Fm: EDWIN CHAN

hiya jms,

seems that they'll be showing "the gathering" next wednesday ... is this the
"special edition" or the original version?

thanks,
ec in nyc

 #: 30209 S2/Bab 5: General
    19-Apr-98  14:59:09
Sb: #30016-The Gathering, Next Week
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      It's the special edition.

                                                                    jms

   Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father" respected or liked Bester a
   plot error, because we were told in an earlier season that Bester
   scares even Psi Cops. ]

 #: 30263 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    19-Apr-98  22:32:08
Sb: #30069-Scares PsiCops?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I don't consider it a mistake at all...you never heard much of other Psi
Cops talking about Bester, and they would have more knowledge of him than
anyone else.  As with Dirty Harry, some of the other officers above and below
him liked him...and he scared the crap out of others.  Same here.

                                                                    jms

 #: 30074 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    19-Apr-98  06:05:08
Sb: #Signature Tune
Fm: IAN CLASPER

Joe

I have now seen two episodes of series 5, and have noticed that the signiture
tune has changed. Series 5 is a lot more upbeat than 4

Am I right in assuming that you are trying to reflect a "new world order" even
form the signature tune ?

Ian Clasper - England

 #: 30210 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    19-Apr-98  14:59:10
Sb: #30074-#Signature Tune
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Each season's music reflects the content of the season.