JMS on CompuServe (Feb 10, 1998) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Tue Feb 10 23:43:30 EST 1998

    Sb: #19153-Stephen Furst, Director
    Sb: #Wolf photo questions
    Sb: #19286-Wolf photo questions
    Sb: #19261-<tPoA> Piece of Work
    Sb: #19110-#Great Acting
    Sb: #19161-#hello old friend(s)

   "off-format" (unusual) episodes of Babylon 5. ]

 #: 19280 S2/Bab 5: General
    10-Feb-98  00:20:13
Sb: #19153-Stephen Furst, Director
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      It's been the luck of the draw, but yeah, Stephen has chanced to do the
lion's share of our off-format shows; I commented on this to him not long ago.

                                                                    jms

   private message sent to JMS. It appears to have been directed to one
   of the organizers of the Wolf convention in England. ]

 #: 19277 S2/Bab 5: General
    09-Feb-98  23:57:01
Sb: #Wolf photo questions
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Since you have now surfaced again....

      1) Photos were taken of myself, cast and crew at your behest for a full
print run, signed by everyone, for sale to benefit charity.  You said that
every person who participated would receive copies of this photo.  To date,
several of those involved, myself included, have not yet received copies. When
do you intend to fulfill your promise?

      2) These photos were to be sold to benefit charity.  Can you supply me
with the number of photos sold, and the amount of money raised, and to which
charity they have gone?  And how many others remain in your custody?  As one
of those who participated, at your request, I have the right to this
information.

      3) You have stated in the past that your books on charitable donations
are open to inspection.  I have now asked, at least half a dozen times, for
you to provide me with copies of that information.  You said after my last
request that it would take several months for you to assemble that data.  It
has now been almost a year.  I have not yet received the promised accounting
on this, or the prior Wolf convention, where I participated to help you
allegedly raise money for charity.  When will this accounting be forthcoming?

      4) You have been repeatedly instructed not to show, or facilitate the
public showing, of episodes in the UK prior to their official airing.  I am
reminding you of your obligation not to do so, or to use clips from said
unaired episodes at your conventions.  If you do so, I cannot be held
responsible for the consequences.

      5) You stated that pirated merchandise would not be available at the
prior conventions.  Yet in both cases, substantial amounts of illegal
merchandise was being sold openly at your conventions.  Will you, or will you
not, honor your obligation to keep out illegal merchandise in future
conventions?

                                                                    jms

   JMS' picture should've been delivered by Richard Biggs. ]

 #: 19288 S2/Bab 5: General
    10-Feb-98  02:46:11
Sb: #19286-Wolf photo questions
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Negative.  Rick delivered John's, that was all that he was given.

                                                                    jms

 #: 19261 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    09-Feb-98  23:12:02
Sb: #19243-#<tPoA> Piece of Work
Fm: CAT TAYLOR

  >Shakespeare...Hamlet.

                                                                    jms<

************

>From a web page:

Act  II Scene ii

Hamlet: I will tell you why. So shall my anticipation prevent
your discovery, and your secrecy to the King and Queen moult no
feather. I have of late- but wherefore I know not- lost all my mirth,
forgone all custom of exercises; and indeed, it goes so heavily with
my disposition that this goodly frame, the earth, seems to me
a sterile promontory; this most excellent canopy, the air, look you,
this brave o'erhanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with
golden fire- why, it appeareth no other thing to me than a foul
and pestilent congregation of vapours. What a piece of work <<<<<
is a man! how noble in reason! how infinite in faculties! in form
and moving how express and admirable! in action how like an angel!
in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the world, the
paragon of animals! And yet to me what is this quintessence of
dust? Man delights not me- no, nor woman neither, though by your
smiling you seem to say so.

 #: 19287 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    10-Feb-98  02:44:02
Sb: #19261-<tPoA> Piece of Work
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yup...and the quote becomes more apt when reproduced in full.

                                                                    jms

 #: 19110 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    09-Feb-98  08:35:04
Sb: #19004-Great Acting
Fm: PHILIP HORNSEY

One other thing, whose idea was the accent? Did you write "Londo Mollari has a
Hungarian/Eastern European accent" or "Londo Mollari has an exotic accent" or
did the actor just suggest it (I actually assume not, thus far you've kept
pretty tight control of the details...

hmmmm...

Didn't some bit player (Centauri Minister of Intelligence) once say "the
details are everything"?

hmmmm...

Straczinski...Eastern European...suggesting accents...details...Minister of
INTELLIGENCE...

*I* see a pattern.

hey Joe...so how long *did* you work for the CIA?

Phil^^^^
FREE MARS!

 #: 19281 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    10-Feb-98  00:20:13
Sb: #19110-#Great Acting
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      We were open to accents and non-accents on all the roles...Peter came up
with one that worked.

                                                                    jms

   the forum for some time while at school (getting a 4.0 GPA).  He
   has enjoyed the fifth season so far. ]

 #: 19282 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    10-Feb-98  00:20:13
Sb: #19161-#hello old friend(s)
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Welcome back....

      Yeah, caught the Uncle Sam book, and liked it a lot.  I haven't had much
chance to read comics lately, but when I saw the Alex Ross stuff, I knew I had
to pick it up.  (Currently trying to catch up on the Astro City arc.)

      Thanks for all that...it's a nifty little season.

      A 4.0 average?

      Listen to my voice...watch more TeeVee...you will watch more TeeVee...
you will forget all about Barnabas....

      Oops, wrong show.