JMS on CompuServe (Feb 17, 1998) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Wed Feb 18 02:52:02 EST 1998

    Sb: #20019-<tVftG> Prismatic View
    Sb: #19949-#Skybox rip off
    Sb: #20189-Lochley has just lost me
    Sb: #20225-#<tVftG> Prismatic View
    Sb: #20334-#VFtG
    Sb: #20114-#B5 Official Guide CD
    Sb: #20301-#Price of Revell Starfury

 #: 20019 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    14-Feb-98  21:29:04
Sb: #19746-#<tVftG> Prismatic View
Fm: RAY PELZER

When my wife saw the beginning of VftG, she innediately clicked on "Rosencranz
& Guildenstern are Dead", and I said, oh no, they're very much alive.

   BTW, how long did the actors portraying Bo and Mack sit around with you and
Harlan in order to pick up on your respective personalities?  :)

 #: 20076 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    15-Feb-98  00:57:13
Sb: #20019-<tVftG> Prismatic View
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, they didn't.  What they did do...they got along famously, the two
actors, and they spent their off-hours rehearsing the scenes, over and over,
until they got it down to a patter, very natural.  They loved the roles.

                                                                    jms

   Babylon 5 fans, because he can never get all the cards, no matter
   how many sets he buys. ]

 #: 20071 S8/Bab 5 Merchandise
    15-Feb-98  00:47:03
Sb: #19949-#Skybox rip off
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I would suggest that maybe it's the luck of the draw.  I make it a
point, when the cards come out, of getting some regular boxes out of the
distribution line to check.  Although one was a bit light, in the other two I
checked, I got a complete set of the basic cards, and all but maybe 6-8 of the
chase cards, and one autographed card.  That seems pretty reasonable to me.

                                                                    jms

 #: 20189 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    15-Feb-98  16:32:13
Sb: #19748-Lochley has just lost me
Fm: KIRK DARLING

>>  No, there's nothing secret in Garibaldi being head of covert intelligence,
any more than it's secret who the head of the CIA is.  There was no reason she
couldn't say that in front of them, or anyone else; it's common knowledge. <<

Well, actually she still wouldn't discuss it in public.

  -Kirk Darling

 #: 20390 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    17-Feb-98  03:32:14
Sb: #20189-Lochley has just lost me
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"Well, actually she still wouldn't discuss it in public."

      What public?

      These are two STATION PERSONNEL, who work for her, who are part of the
military command structure, who have the same loyalty oaths as she has.  They
didn't have this conversation in the Zocalo, in front of civilians, it was in
a closed area with two other STATION PERSONNEL, who are entrusted with a high
enough security clearance that they can work on C&C firing consoles during
heavy action, in a situation where every second counts in getting things ready
for the next wing of an imminent attack.

      This is a non-starter issue, frankly.

                                                                    jms

 #: 20391 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    17-Feb-98  03:33:00
Sb: #20225-#<tVftG> Prismatic View
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I've been bugging her to do more...we'll have to see.

                                                                    jms

 #: 20392 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    17-Feb-98  03:33:00
Sb: #20334-#VFtG
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"Hmmm, wouldn't Draal likely be aware of what was happening so close anyway?
And would it not be possible that he may also be aware of how strong the force
was, how soon the white stars would arrive, etc, and thus know if he was
needed as a last resort?"

      You're not describing Draal, you're describing God, and he ain't in this
show.  For one thing, we couldn't afford him....

                                                                    jms

   some sort of virtual shuttle or not?" ]

 #: 20393 S8/Bab 5 Merchandise
    17-Feb-98  03:33:00
Sb: #20114-#B5 Official Guide CD
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, there's no virtual shuttle; that's just the arrival section.

                                                                    jms

 #: 20394 S8/Bab 5 Merchandise
    17-Feb-98  03:33:00
Sb: #20301-#Price of Revell Starfury
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      There's nothing I can do about a local store overcharging you, I'm
afraid.