JMS on CompuServe (Feb 24, 1998) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at johndelenn.com bbarrett at johndelenn.com
Tue Feb 24 21:55:42 EST 1998

    Sb: #20827-#Mr. Bester
    Sb: #20899-which eye?
    Sb: #20873-Lochley has just lost me
    Sb: #21010-#Lochley has just lost me
    Sb: #21027-A view from the gallery
    Sb: #21127-Episode is Great
    Sb: #21026-Starfury

 #: 20864 S2/Bab 5: General
    20-Feb-98  02:14:04
Sb: #20827-#Mr. Bester
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"who is wondering to himself where jms finds the time to reply to all these
questions..."

      I keep a spare box of time in my desk.  Only problem is when the sand
runs out all over the floor, and the mice begin aging backwards.

                                                                    jms

   End." ]

 #: 20937 S2/Bab 5: General
    20-Feb-98  18:23:09
Sb: #20899-which eye?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, it's the left eye...trouble is, the patch, a rag, kept slipping, and
it's hard to read that part of it...but it's the same eye.

                                                                    jms

   elevator if B5 was real life. ]

 #: 20897 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    20-Feb-98  12:54:02
Sb: #20873-Lochley has just lost me
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      That might apply in a straight hierarchical organization, but Garibaldi
is not her superior; they are on parallel lines of command, not vertical, he
doesn't answer to her, she doesn't answer to him.  She has total and complete
authority over the station and is answerable only to Earthdome and, in
political matters, to Sheridan.

      You may not think this sort of thing happens, but it does, and it would.
You're talking to the only producer to go out and berate Angela Lansbury's son
who was then directing an episode of Murder, She Wrote, in front of his whole
crew, and still remain employed afterward.

                                                                    jms

 #: 21010 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    21-Feb-98  09:35:14
Sb: #20897-Lochley has just lost me
Fm: PHILIP HORNSEY

>>You're talking to the only producer to go out and berate Angela Lansbury's
son who was then directing an episode of Murder, She Wrote, in front of his
whole crew, and still remain employed afterward.

That sounds like a compliment to Angela Lansbury.

Phil^^^^
FREE MARS!

 #: 21076 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    21-Feb-98  18:32:11
Sb: #21010-#Lochley has just lost me
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"That sounds like a compliment to Angela Lansbury."

      Actually, it is.  After I came back from yelling at her son/director,
everybody was white as a sheet..."You're gonna be fired."  Within the hour she
called me into her office (she was then exec producer) and asked me what that
was all about.  I told her, very specifically, how I felt he had completely
gotten the intent wrong on several scenes, lost some clues, and otherwise was
blowing it on this one important sequence.  She listened, considered it, and
finally said, "You did the right thing."

      It was *extremely* classy on her part, and I've never forgotten that.
Never will.  It was a good example to me of how to conduct myself when I got
to this position.

                                                                    jms

   me up, Harlan! :-). ]

 #: 21077 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    21-Feb-98  18:32:11
Sb: #21027-A view from the gallery
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      While there was a little of Harlan in Mack, there wasn't intentionally
any jms in Bo.

                                                                    jms

 #: 21127 S6/Fan Club
    22-Feb-98  08:53:13
Sb: #Episode is Great
Fm: TONY SCARPELLI

Your episode, "A View from the Gallery" was wonderful. To have the point of
view of the workers was a marvalous idea, and having them touch on so many
subjects concerning war was very moving. Since you and Ellison penned it,
maybe you can pass on to him how much I enjoyed it.

"Babalon 5" is such a great show. I am now watching all the daily episodes
from the first four seasons being shown on TNT and finally seeing how
everything fits into the great story. A true classic, and it surely will go
down into SciFi's history as one of the great saga's of all time, along with
Assimov's _Foundation_ series.

CU

 #: 21213 S6/Fan Club
    23-Feb-98  00:45:02
Sb: #21127-Episode is Great
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks, I hope you're right.

                                                                    jms

 #: 21078 S8/Bab 5 Merchandise
    21-Feb-98  18:32:11
Sb: #21026-Starfury
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I think that when Revell has a better sense of how this one has sold,
that that's the time to bring up the other possibilities.