JMS on CompuServe (Jun 02, 1998) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at johndelenn.com bbarrett at johndelenn.com
Wed Jun 3 02:55:40 EDT 1998

    Sb: #34451-#No more Bester?
    Sb: #34484-#No more Bester?
    Sb: #34587-B5 video release
    Sb: #34643-Babylon Project: Crusade
    Sb: #UK B5 Screening Now Free
    Sb: #34821-UK B5 Screening Now Free
    Sb: #34824-#UK B5 Screening Now Free
    Sb: #34825-UK B5 Screening Now Free
    Sb: #34727-Furst directing

 #: 34451 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    28-May-98  18:47:11
Sb: #34337-No more Bester?
Fm: TOM KNUDSEN

Joe,

	<I shrug.  "I've had a hard life.">

	Seeing the difference in you between now and five years ago, I'd have
to say you've aged a lot doing B5.  Sort of like US Presidents usually do over
their 4 year term.  That's not necessarily a bad thing.  You're starting to
look respectable now.<G,D&RVVVVF>

						Tom<*>

 #: 34487 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    28-May-98  23:20:11
Sb: #34451-#No more Bester?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      It would take a hell of a lot more than greying hair and wrinkles to
make me look respectable.

      And yeah, the show has definitely aged me.  I recently saw a friend whom
I haven't seen face to face since about year 1 of B5, and the first words out
of his mouth were "Jesus Christ what happened to YOU?"  (Thanks, great to see
you, too....)

                                                                    jms

 #: 34488 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    28-May-98  23:20:11
Sb: #34484-#No more Bester?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      All my characters are in some way based on stuff I either see in myself,
or would like to see in myself were I a nobler and smarter person.

                                                                    jms

 #: 34618 S2/Bab 5: General
    30-May-98  17:52:00
Sb: #34587-B5 video release
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      It's two per tape.

                                                                    jms

 #: 34643 S2/Bab 5: General
    31-May-98  00:59:03
Sb: Babylon Project: Crusade
Fm: SHAWN D. RATNER

Dear Mr. Straczynski,

Congratulations on Crusade! Looking forward to January! I know it will be the
excellent quality that we have come to expect from Babylon 5! I have a few
questions regarding Crusade. I was wondering who owns the rights to Crusade,
Warner Brothers or TNT? Do you have any plans for commemorative Crusade
promotional material. How is Crusade's development going? I'm sure your
currenty in the casting stage. Good Luck with Crusade!

Thank you,
Shawn

 #: 34722 S2/Bab 5: General
    31-May-98  23:10:04
Sb: #34643-Babylon Project: Crusade
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      WB owns the rights to Crusade...and we're in serious preproduction now
on Crusade (casting, design work, other stuff).

                                                                    jms

 #: 34775 S3/Bab 5:International
    01-Jun-98  16:17:00
Sb: #UK B5 Screening Now Free
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      The London screening of "In the Beginning" late in July was always
intended to be a free screening.  When I learned that twenty pounds and more
was being charged per ticket for a free screening, I and Warner Bros. got into
this situation, causing a bit of a stir with the organizers who insisted that
this was the way it was supposed to be, first trying to fob off the money as
being for the actors, then saying that WB wanted the money.

      Well, WB has just confirmed the following: the Wolf con organizers have
been taken out of the loop; the screening is now free, as it was intended to
be; any monies paid will be refunded; and tentatively, Bruce has agreed to
stop by one or both of the screenings without cost to the fans (this last bit
depending on his schedule/arrival times in the UK).

      This event was always meant to be free to the UK fans as recognition for
their support.  And now it is what it was meant to be.

                                                                    jms

 #: 34821 S3/Bab 5:International
    02-Jun-98  04:28:01
Sb: #34775-#UK B5 Screening Now Free
Fm: GERARD J KEATING (IRELAN

Joe,

>> and tentatively, Bruce has agreed to stop by one or both of the screenings
without cost to the fans (this last bit depending on his schedule/arrival
times in the UK). <<

So Jerry, Mira, Rick and Peter have pull out of it then....

Gerard J Keating (Ireland) 12:20 on 02-Jun-98 using OzWIN II ver 2.20 (á20)

 #: 34861 S3/Bab 5:International
    02-Jun-98  12:55:10
Sb: #34821-UK B5 Screening Now Free
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I have no idea.  But they're going to be at the convention, are they
not?  And virtually everyone who got tickets is also going to the convention,
as far as I've heard.  Either way, though, I  haven't heard one way or another
on this.

                                                                    jms

 #: 34824 S3/Bab 5:International
    02-Jun-98  05:01:05
Sb: #34775-#UK B5 Screening Now Free
Fm: MICHAEL KALUS

>>       This event was always meant to be free to the UK fans as recognition
for their support.  And now it is what it was meant to be. <<

Pardon, any chance that we will see such an event in Germany?

Michael Kalus
Definition of Windows 95:
A 32-bit extension and graphical shell for
a 16 Bit patch to an 8 Bit OS originally coded
for an 4 Bit CPU, written by a 2-Bit Company
that can't stand 1 Bit of competition.

 #: 34862 S3/Bab 5:International
    02-Jun-98  12:55:11
Sb: #34824-#UK B5 Screening Now Free
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I don't know, that's something that will have to be looked into by the
WB video division in Germany.  Maybe if fans push for it there, they may be
able to do something.

                                                                    jms

 #: 34825 S3/Bab 5:International
    02-Jun-98  05:42:00
Sb: #34775-#UK B5 Screening Now Free
Fm: GERARD J KEATING (IRELAN

Joe,

>> Warner Bros. got into this situation, <<

Also, when you say Warner Brothers, to which company are you referring to?

There are at least two or three seperate Warner companies mixed up in this
mess, and you are only confusing the situation when you do not correctly
identify which Warner company you are referring to.

I assume most of _your_ dealing are with Warner Domestic Television in the
states. I assume that Wolf 359 were mainly dealing with Warner Home Video UK.

The Warner Cinema is another company that must have been involved at some
stage. Were they providing the Cinema free of charge to their sister company,
Warner Home Video, or did the video company have to rent it from the cinema
company.

Gerard J Keating (Ireland) 13:38 on 02-Jun-98 using OzWIN II ver 2.20 (á20)

 #: 34863 S3/Bab 5:International
    02-Jun-98  12:55:11
Sb: #34825-UK B5 Screening Now Free
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I'm sorry, but there is only ONE Warner Bros.  There are offices of the
company, as with any company, but they are all owed by Warner Bros. in the
United States, here in Burbank, and it was from the main office that this has
come.  There are some folks involved here who are trying to muddy the
situation by saying there are all these different companies, but there aren't.
There is only one IBM, and only one Ford, and only one Warner Bros. And it's
that main office that I've been dealing with on this.

      Sorry, I am *not* confusing the situation.  It's others who are trying
to blur the facts here.  Perhaps if you were less obviously trying to justify
their activities, you might be able to see that.

                                                                    jms

   as director were told from the POV of people other than the main
   characters.]

 #: 34780 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    01-Jun-98  18:08:06
Sb: #34727-Furst directing
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      It just sorta worked out that way; it wasn't something we did or he
asked for intentionally.  Some things happen through a weird, organic kind of
synchronicity.  That's one of them.