ATTN: JMS Reduced Net Presence

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Sun Mar 15 06:11:39 EST 1998

From: "C.M. Chan" <c.chan at worldnet.att.net>
Date: 12 Mar 1998 16:53:25 -0700

You've mentioned that after B5, your net presence will be substantially
reduced, which I can certainly understand. But I'm curious--do you also
anticipate reading less on the net? As far as I can see, you now read
virtually every posting in several forums. Will you in future be more
like the rest of us, who only pick out the threads that interest them?

Speaking of your presence on the net... I didn't get hooked up to the
net until somewhere around the end of the second/beginning of the third
season. I can still remember when I found this news group and saw a post
from someone who seemed to be connected with the show. It took me
several minutes to connect "jms" with the name "Straczynski" that I'd
noticed in the show's credits, and I was just so impressed when I
finally did. In fact, I couldn't really believe it. I went back and
watched the opening of the last episode just to make sure that
Straczynski's initials were really J.M. Anyway, I guess what I'm trying
to say is that the sense of wonder I felt then at the idea that a show's
creator would actually interact with fans in this way has never left me.
Thank you so very much for not only creating a great TV show, but for
sharing your thoughts with us.

CMC

>You've mentioned that after B5, your net presence will be substantially
>reduced, which I can certainly understand. But I'm curious--do you also
>anticipate reading less on the net? As far as I can see, you now read
>virtually every posting in several forums. Will you in future be more
>like the rest of us, who only pick out the threads that interest them?

Yes; the only other option is to go mad after a while.

>I guess what I'm trying
>to say is that the sense of wonder I felt then at the idea that a show's
>creator would actually interact with fans in this way has never left me.
>Thank you so very much for not only creating a great TV show, but for
>sharing your thoughts with us.

All things considered, it's been a pleasure.