JMS on CompuServe (May 04, 1998) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at johndelenn.com bbarrett at johndelenn.com
Mon May 4 19:11:20 EDT 1998

    Sb: #31186-Ever want to do Lit Clas
    Sb: #31506-#Ellison recommendation ?
    Sb: My Email
    Sb: #31843-< Kosh Poison>
    Sb: #31830-#Lighting of season5

 #: 31186 S2/Bab 5: General
    27-Apr-98  10:56:06
Sb: #Ever want to do Lit Clas
Fm: TONY SCARPELLI

I just saw that 'Sci Fi Buzz' is ending and it saddened me to see that Ellison
won't be doing any more commentaries, I really liked them. He mentioned you
are doing another series. Great to hear.

Now that you are getting more and more famous and more likely to be called on
to write/produce/direct more and more, did you ever want to make some movies
of real great sci fi literature?

I'd love to have you do _The Stars my Destination_ or _Stranger in a Strange
Land_, or even the 'Foundation' series.

If I ever get rich enough to produce a movie, I'd like you to do the Bester
novel.

Hope to see you in the future.

Thanks.

CU

 #: 31225 S2/Bab 5: General
    27-Apr-98  13:58:06
Sb: #31186-Ever want to do Lit Clas
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, I'd rather do my own stuff, for the most part, and for now, though
if a classic book landed in my lap, and it was a favorite, I'd be hard pressed
to say no....

                                                                    jms

 #: 31506 S7/Babylon 5 Novels
    29-Apr-98  15:05:01
Sb: Ellison recommendation ?
Fm: PAUL REYNOLDS

this might not be the place for this but here goes.
I would like to try one of Harlan Ellisons books and would like a
recommendation on what to try. i'd like to stay away from anything to do with
B5 or Star Trek, but i would like to try one of his science fiction titles.
any help would be appreciated.

 #: 31616 S7/Babylon 5 Novels
    30-Apr-98  00:42:09
Sb: #31506-#Ellison recommendation ?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Of his previous titles, I suggest SHATTERDAY, DEATHBIRD STORIES, or
STRANGE WINE, all of which are available at any decent SF bookstore.  (His
stuff is also being reprinted in the Edgeworks volumes.)

                                                                    jms

 #: 31949 S2/Bab 5: General
    02-May-98  19:56:01
Sb: My Email
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      A reminder to all and sundry:

      My private email box is only to be used for confidential or deeply
personal matters.  It is not to be used for jokes, uploads without asking
permission or informing me in advance (I have had my hard drive trashed by
viruses sent to me), plot questions or the like.  You may decide, "Oh, that's
a funny joke, I'll foward that to Joe," but if 500 of you do that my mailbox
becomes completely unmanageable and important stuff scrolls off.

      If you have a general question or comment or something to pass along,
please do so in the public forums, where others can benefit from the answer.
The private mail box should be used only as a last resort, for truly personal
or confidential matters.

                                                                    jms

 #: 31843 S4/Seas. 1-4 SPOILERS
    01-May-98  15:33:13
Sb: #< Kosh Poison>
Fm: WILL CARAWAY

Joe,

	I guess maybe I'm a little on the thick side, but no matter how many
times I watch the Gathering I just can't answer one question.  Was Kosh
actually poisoned or did he just fake it for the natives?

	Regards,

	Will

 #: 31950 S4/Seas. 1-4 SPOILERS
    02-May-98  19:56:01
Sb: #31843-< Kosh Poison>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, he wasn't faking it.  Understand that their appearance as a being of
light is only how they want to appear; they are life forms much the same as
many others, and can be poisoned if one knows the right combination of
substances.

                                                                    jms

   feeling that the main color of the sets is blueish. But in season 5
   I get more the feeling of reddish brown." ]

 #: 31951 S5/Seas. 5 SPOILERS
    02-May-98  20:03:03
Sb: #31830-#Lighting of season5
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      The color of the sets varies by location; DownBelow tends to be more in
the red end and brown end of the spectrum (hence the term Brown Sector that
sometimes applies), where most of the command sectors are blueish.